Dealership experiences...

DARK GEARS

Banned
Bad Dealership experiences...

5 Star Auto Sales Incorporated, in Modesto, Ca. Horrible service. They had NO idea about the car I was asking to see. They actually made me go on the internet and show them THEIR OWN ad!! They tag teamed my girlfriend and me, pestering us about looking at other cars. They very rudely informed us that the car we were looking for was at another lot and that they wouldn't bring it to where we were unless we were serious about the car. Then they said we could follow them there. WE DROVE 2 HOURS TO SEE IT, HOW SERIOUS DO YOU THINK WE WERE?? Obviously they didn't like the fact that I had my loan pre-approved (they weren't going to be able to rip me off through bs financing), that I had done my research on the value of the car, and that we knew more about their cars than they did. As we were leaving they tried to sell us a more expensive, base model car with way more miles. Their sales pitch? "It's two years newer and this 525i is better than that 530i(SMG)." Unbelievable.

We ended up buying a fully loaded 05 BMW 545i at another dealership in Oakland. It was a little more expensive (about 1k), but customer service was excellent.

Please share some of your dealership stories.

EDIT: Picture of the BMW

11594721734.262434469.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Last edited:

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Some of my worst was when we had no choice to take our kids, younger at the time, to the dealer with us. The waiting and waiting..the salesman ignoring me when I ask for my keys, kids being impatient and naughty..and so on...I hate buying cars...period.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
When I was looking for my Lightning I found Team Ford of Marietta. I emailed their guy and had the truck I wanted in a couple of days. They were pretty awesome and gave me a free dyno run too :rockon:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Almost got arrested at Superior Ford in Morgantown, WV after their service manager ripped off a friend.

Ramey Ford in Tazwell, VA and Beckley, WV along with Turnpike Ford in Huntington, WV have always treated me really well.

KILRSVT

Established Member
5 Star Auto Sales Incorporated, in Modesto, Ca. Horrible service. They had NO idea about the car I was asking to see. They actually made me go on the internet and show them THEIR OWN ad!! They tag teamed my girlfriend and me, pestering us about looking at other cars. They very rudely informed us that the car we were looking for was at another lot and that they wouldn't bring it to where we were unless we were serious about the car. Then they said we could follow them there. WE DROVE 2 HOURS TO SEE IT, HOW SERIOUS DO YOU THINK WE WERE?? Obviously they didn't like the fact that I had my loan pre-approved (they weren't going to be able to rip me off through bs financing), that I had done my research on the value of the car, and that we knew more about their cars than they did. As we were leaving they tried to sell us a more expensive, base model car with way more miles. Their sales pitch? "It's two years newer and this 525i is better than that 530i(SMG)." Unbelievable.

We ended up buying a fully loaded 05 BMW 545i at another dealership in Oakland. It was a little more expensive (about 1k), but customer service was excellent.

very nice the 545 are fun to drive. love the power and the handling. if you ever need repairs or service let me know i work for fremont bmw sorry about your experience sales personal can be something else. how many miles nothig is solid and yet smooth as a beamer

Last edited:

Sun Devil Cobra

Established Member

Very nice car!

Those dumbass employees should be VERY lucky to have a job, especially in the Golden State.

DARK GEARS

Banned
very nice the 545 are fun to drive. love the power and the handling. if you ever need repairs or service let me know i work for fremont bmw sorry about your experience sales personal can be something else. how many miles nothig is solid and yet smooth as a beamer

Thanks man. The car needs an inspection and brake fluid service. The car is very fun to drive, yet so smooth and quiet. The car has 83k miles. I might have to hit you up about these service lights, lol. I want to simply reset them, but the girlfriend wants to take it to a service center.

Very nice car!

Those dumbass employees should be VERY lucky to have a job, especially in the Golden State.

Thanks man!

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Just bought a 09 F150 at Battlefield Ford in Manassas, VA. Went very well. The lady was doing everything possible to make things work the way I wanted. I ended up buying a truck that wasn't even there yet. It was still in transport from the factory but it had all the features I wanted. They let me keep my 06 F150 until my new one came in, even though I had technically traded it in.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
Yeah,I had pretty bad experience trying to convince the Prestige ford dealership in garland,TX that ford is offering 5000 cash back in rebates on 08 mustangs. They spent 5 hours verifying these rebates then arguing over how big of payment i want. They told me they caint sell a brand new 08 for "15k" and tried convincing us that tier 2 credit rating we are in, will allow us to finance at 20k but not 15k. Near the end they gave us a rental mustang till paperwork was "complete" despite the car being right there on the lot. We waited 3 days for the paperwork to be done and over, till i yelled at the finance manager. I told him the deal was off and that i was coming over to throw the keys back at them and he gave me attitude saying im in the wrong . Then as i was walking out with my father, they said it was all done and we can leave with the car.

Im never going to buy another ford period.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

realizing it is a 2hr drive ... I would take a day and drive back to the idiot dealer, grab the salesman and the sales manager and take them out to your new car and show them the sale paperwork. THEN ask the sales manager how he can afford, in todays economy, to treat customers who are ready to buy a car, like shit. really rub their nose in it.

Users who are viewing this thread