Dealer Markup On Shelby GT 350

Spudz

Established Member
Had my van in for some recall work and decided to take a stroll through the showroom at the local (and only) Ford dealer in Anchorage. They have a GT350 roped off and I had to do a double take to look at the ADM. This was as of 9/23 this month. I'm pretty sure this isn't an R? I didn't get a good enough picture or take a hard look at the spoiler, etc.

Hopefully this picture shows up.

29812583552_fff98a804b_k_d.jpg[

$50K ADM on this baby to bring the total to 108K. I'm just glad these yahoos take X-Plan so I don't have to fight this on my SuperDuty purchase. There's another dealer in Wasilla, which is 45 min away, but I bet they also have ADM on everything like these folks do.

Be glad you don't live in Alaska :bash:

Last edited:

blownstang01

Established Member
So, I have been "looking" and found deals at MSRP or very close, but they always seem to be a couple thousand miles away from me. I've been looking at two 16's near me, one track pack (my first choice) and one Tech pack car. The Tech pack is listed at $5,000 over sticker, "new" unregistered but has 900 miles on it. I'm surprised a dealer would put that many miles on it yet still have the markup. I made them an offer that if they want to deal closer to MSRP, to let me know...we'll see.
The tech pack car is really crazy to me. It's used, 2,800 miles (but looks mint), and they are asking 58k...which is 2K more than the original MSRP ! Who is buying these at this markup ? It blows my mind that they are bringing over sticker USED. I guess as long as people are buying them with the markup, they'll keep doing it. I made them an offer also, but not holding my breath as we are about 6k apart.
I guess I'll keep looking, I can't bring myself to pay the markup.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Blownstang01, did you see there is a used track pack here in Massachusetts for sale?

a member here selling it. I know him and the car, honest seller and a great car, Avalanche grey with stripes.

blownstang01

Established Member
Blownstang01, did you see there is a used track pack here in Massachusetts for sale?

a member here selling it. I know him and the car, honest seller and a great car, Avalanche grey with stripes.

I did see that, and thanks. Unfortunately I don't like Avalanche Grey, I will say they look better in person than in pictures but still not what I'm looking for. The other issue is I need to trade my 2015 in or I get killed on the sales tax. Thanks Again though.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If it doesn't have the track pack, I would pass.

Yep. And even those aren't going to be collectibles. Even the R is going to be made in too many numbers to be a collectible per se. Rare-ish and desirable, yes. Collectible, no.

... Who is buying these at this markup ? It blows my mind that they are bringing over sticker USED. ...

Plenty of people on this very board were/are crazy enough to pay markups on regular GT350s. The gotta-have-it factor is just too strong for some. The R is the only one I'd even remotely entertain a markup on, and even then I still wouldn't pay what most dealers are slapping on them.

Users who are viewing this thread