Dealer Markup On Shelby GT 350

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Hey Guys,

It's been awhile since I have been on the forums. I usually check out the market to see what's for sale. Let me start off by saying I have had a mustang pretty much my whole left. Except for the last couple of years. The wife and I decide to put off my next purchase until we purchase our 1st home. The both of us have agreed that I have enough money and the timing is right to buy my next toy. I have been rolling through the dealerships, which there is only three on Oahu. I have been looking at the 2016 GT and the Shelby GT 350, I know that's a huge difference. I am trying to get a respectable number on the dealer markups. They have the cars markup up 20k, so they are selling them around 80k. I was able to talk a sales manager down to 66K because the carfax reported the car on the lot for a few months. The 66k is still about a 10k markup. I would preferably like to walk out the door at 63k. Is that a reasonable price or do I have my head in the clouds. Also this is all opinionated but would you buy the GT and throw a truck ton of parts on it, or buy the Shelby because of the name and possibly being a collectors item in the future? Also would I benefit just buying the car through EBay and having it shipped to Hawaii? Has anyone had any experience with the car buying service on EBay?
11316aa1f99670789f5de829166ff312.jpg
9d8a701eae9a702a8fb57710777257f9.jpg
f83f25a3cc052d490340223ea9d81da7.jpg
50f5f7ce4382dc01142722e58617b528.jpg
bb05a758a3f38b700f5e4e0d4cad6819.jpg
0d7c0f7a7f6f7347edcbcb8aaa286967.jpg

Thanks In Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Just saw one advertised at Ricart Ford (Columbus, Ohio) for $79k and it was not "R" version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
IMO the Shelby will not be collectible, it will be desireable. It is one of 5000.

The R will be collectible, being only 500 made per year.

I am getting my GT350 this week, and am paying sticker, not a dime over.

Keep searching, it can be done.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Interesting was that with the dealer markup?

Not sure. I went to their website and noticed they had one in stock with that price on it. I'm sure it has dealer markup. Their slogan is "we're dealin".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
IMO the Shelby will not be collectible, it will be desireable. It is one of 5000.

The R will be collectible, being only 500 made per year.

I am getting my GT350 this week, and am paying sticker, not a dime over.

Keep searching, it can be done.

Thanks for the info

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
I loved my Terminator I sold it a few years ago. I miss it everyday it was a fun car insane power with basic addons

nickf2005

Established Member
Being on an island is really going to narrow your options. If you were stateside, I'd say don't pay a penny over MSRP. However, supply/demand is going to work against you. I think if you can get it down to a 5-6k markup, you're doing the best you can.

Like you said, the other option is to negotiate online for MSRP and boat it over.

Good luck.

altjx

Established Member
I've called 15 dealerships this week and only 2 were doing MSRP. The first one is the dealership 5 minutes away from my home -- that 2017 GT350 got sold the next morning after I contemplated Monday evening. The other one is one that I got lucky on and finally getting ready to seal the deal. The cheapest I've found was in AL (can't remember the dealership name). They're not sticking to a specific ADM, but they want an "offer" over MSRP.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Being on an island is really going to narrow your options. If you were stateside, I'd say don't pay a penny over MSRP. However, supply/demand is going to work against you. I think if you can get it down to a 5-6k markup, you're doing the best you can.

Like you said, the other option is to negotiate online for MSRP and boat it over.

Good luck.

Thanks for checking out the post. I agree being on island does change this. Just wanted to see if anyone was paying over msrp in the mainland and by how much. Also wanted to see if anyone purchased a care through a dealer in EBay.

Users who are viewing this thread