Dealer dawged me

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
They gave you your money back, I don't see how you can be upset. If you wanted it that badly you could have paid full price

so looking at the ENTIRE story...you dont have the capacity to even see how he might be a little upset? take legality and ethics completely out of it....you are saying you would walk away from this exact same situation and not be upset at all that you made a verbal contract to buy something for a certain amount...you pay a deposit to what? HOLD THE FRIGGIN BIKE and then they lie about your deposit and sell it to another person to make a few hundered more...really?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Sounds to me that they entered into a contract due to the "offer and acceptance" that had taken place. There are varying degrees to contract law.

A lawyer would be a much better person to clear this up and could probably give a clear answer pretty quickly. Times like this is when I miss having Adam around as I'm sure he would have the answer right off the top of his head. :lol1:

any contract in value over $500 must be in writing to be enforceable. its not a "law" per se but standard common practice based on Contract Law. of course there can be acceptions and verbal contracts can be enforced but typically they are backed by some kind of written agreement. for something routine like a vehicle sale im sure a judge would require a written contract. and since they refunded his money they didnt unjustly benefit from the transaction.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol id just let it go. The universes way of telling you "wrong bike".

At least you got your deposit back clean and clear. Leave it at that and move on.

tistan

Established Member
Sounds to me that they entered into a contract due to the "offer and acceptance" that had taken place. There are varying degrees to contract law.

A lawyer would be a much better person to clear this up and could probably give a clear answer pretty quickly. Times like this is when I miss having Adam around as I'm sure he would have the answer right off the top of his head. :lol1:

This is what I was thinking. As soon as money was exchanged, a contract was entered.

203Cree

Established Member
If it was EXACTLY how you wanted it, you should've just paid the list price instead of trying to haggle with them. Their product, they can sell it to whom they wish. Guess you got taught a lesson.

04svtterm

Established Member
LOL dude..just walk away. You can't do anything about it as no contracts were made and ur deposit was refunded. youre just mad cuz they didnt sell you for the lower price. If you wanted it that bad...u shouldve paid asking price.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
lol, just move on dude.

+1

I get so tired of people threatening a lawsuit every time they feel they were inconvenienced a little bit. HUGE problem with our society.

They refunded your money immediately and broke no laws. Whine about it if you want, but you're not going to get anything accomplished. The bike is gone and you didn't lose a dime (or really much of your time).

I had a similar experience recently. I was trying to buy a '94 Lightning out in California from a dealer. I bid on it on eBay but didn't meet the reserve. They contacted me and said they'd sell it for what I bid. They said they'd hold the truck until I could fly out to pick it up. Tried to give them a deposit, but the guy I was dealing with told me not to worry about it. He said, "I told them the truck is sold and moved it behind the lot. It's yours as soon as you can come get it." Well, I spent the next few days coming up with the money and planning the trip when all of a sudden the sale guy texted me and said they sold the truck to someone else. I was bummed, but I got over it quick. And the thought of a lawsuit or bitching about it all over the Internet never crossed my mind.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely sucks to hear.

If I was as worked up as you are I would most definitely go to the dealer, work out a deal in which said sales guy gets all excited about his up and coming commission only to walk out last minute then about a month later send him a nice gift (red bowtied turd in a box). Its a win win!

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Gawd created it this way, or you would have been on that bike. Be thankful you have many other options!

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
They called twice today to try to resolve. The first guy thought he could tell me how I should understand about THEIR mistake. I laughed and hung up. The second I hung up on immediately. Both were due to a Craigslist post I made.

I can probably find another bike like this but that's hardly the point. This kind of dealing will catch up with them in the end and I'll be happy to know it.

Motorsport Hillsboro
Hillsboro, OR

Keith and Matt

Users who are viewing this thread