Deal or no Deal? pricing...

sleek98

Established Member
yeah but...its worth $100....

I'm just kidding, I knew that, but damn. I was shopping 13/14 cars when I bought my cobra, and they were mid 50s. They're coming down hard, which is the opposite of what I expected as they're the 'last big displacement blown v8' that ford is going to manufacture for a bit.

Last fall I could only find one locally under 50k and it had like 60k miles on it and looked like it lived on a gravel road.

Established Member
Did the Car in post #1 have a clean Carfax?

Even with a carfax, no wreck repair or flood damage?

sonic_whine2003

Car Crazy
Established Member
I just bought a one owner 2014 GT500 in Oxford white and Blue stripes with 3,880 miles with svtpp, track pack, navi/electronic pack with scuffs on the front chin spoiler and clean car fax for 50,750 plus tax

Kapy

Established Member
I don't understand how the value of these cars can be dropping like this. All of the dealers are selling the current bad ass GT350R 50k over sticker which places that car around the 120k range or a tad less.

What I don't understand is why would anybody pay that much for a car that cannot even come close to the performance or stigma of our cars?

Don't get me wrong, the 350 is a great car but in my mind nothing greater than the 13/14.

Now a new GT500, twin turbo 5.0? Hmmm, ok now they might have something that I can say can trump the 13/14.

It's really sad to see this though. But reinforces the same for me in that I will not sell anytime soon that is for sure.

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
I don't understand how the value of these cars can be dropping like this. All of the dealers are selling the current bad ass GT350R 50k over sticker which places that car around the 120k range or a tad less.

What I don't understand is why would anybody pay that much for a car that cannot even come close to the performance or stigma of our cars?

Don't get me wrong, the 350 is a great car but in my mind nothing greater than the 13/14.

Now a new GT500, twin turbo 5.0? Hmmm, ok now they might have something that I can say can trump the 13/14.

It's really sad to see this though. But reinforces the same for me in that I will not sell anytime soon that is for sure.

Give it a few years, who knows what will happen. All that really matters is that you enjoy driving it and aren't upside down on it :)

NJredfire03

Established Member
I'm not necessarily upside down. But I bought last year when prices were high still. Like others, I couldn't find any across the country that weren't under 60k. I felt "lucky" to find one under 60k in my own state. I feel like I could sell mine and break even and find a lower mileage one with a lower payment. But it'll be hard to give up on the glass roof.

50stangpower

Established Member
The cars are taking the normal couple year old drop. I believe they will climb again in a couple years like to 03/04 Cobras. I am glad I sold my 11 when I did to pick up a 13 as I believe the market for the 11 will not recover and forget about a 07-10. Just my 2 cents!

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I think that's more than fair. What's the PP after SVTPP in your sig?

Congrats OP on the steal.

Track Pack and Perf Pack options from the factory. The coolers, the wheels, etc., that are upgrade options on the base GT500, mine comes with both sets of wheels & tires, the Vossens with MPSSs pictured and the stock SVTPP mesh wheels & GY's with like 400 mis on them, and chin spoiler still in the box. I think I'm at a selling price with it, I didn't want to get into a back & forth with the sale, could ask $56k and haggle for a month, lol, figured I'd cut to the chase for a real buyer.

Established Member
Just looking at your Signature pic here at work reminds me how I just can't get into the appearance of the 15-16's even if it has an IRS and Magneride.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Gotta admit, I'm a bit surprised how quickly the prices have dropped in just a few months.

I got mine (5.8k miles, SVTPP, recaros, nav, all other options) back in February for just under $52k and now have seen quite a few (w/similar options and miles/fewer miles) are selling for under 50k now. Guess I could've waited a little, but then again, I would likely miss out on the color and options I want and currently have.

Eblue2002

Established Member
Bought mine last fall. 2013 with all options except Recaros and glass top. 21.5k miles, paid $50k even. I think you were right in the ball park as far as price.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Bought mine last fall. 2013 with all options except Recaros and glass top. 21.5k miles, paid $50k even. I think you were right in the ball park as far as price.

Makes me feel a little better. I bought last summer with 18k miles w/ recaros and glass roof for 55k.

cotten

Established Member
I believe the 13-14 are going to be collector cars. First to break 200 mph, so sexy, electronic adjustable suspension, aluminum 662hp beast, manual tranny. I mean the freaking car just screams awesome. To each his own but having 2 of these cars in the garage next to a 67 gt500 is just too ****ing cool for me to not do. Do it when ya can or you just wasted your life.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Yea, I've never second thought selling a car so much in my life, I feel like I'm selling it, but hope no one buys it..duh.

7 stangs, loved them all, but this '14 GT500 has been so friggin awesome and solid as a tank, and attracts the right attention - from the people who know what they're looking at. Ugh, what am I doing....

Users who are viewing this thread