Deal of the day

Kevins89notch

Established Member
damn it. company blocks craigslist. Can you copy/paste?

All the text didn't make it, but good enough:

mqNk6Su.png

TheSinner

Established Member
Also included, sixxer of Busch Light behind passenger seat. 'Merica.

MysticRob

Established Member
LOL, thanks for this. I especially like the pic of the motorhome in the background with the large A/C unit mounted to the side.
Murika, **** yeah!!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
LOL, thanks for this. I especially like the pic of the motorhome in the background with the large A/C unit mounted to the side.
Murika, **** yeah!!

Lol, one of those examples how sterotypes are often true. So many clichés at once if only his sister modeling had a black eye I think it would have checked all the boxes.

Did he really spell Camaro wrong??

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
late second gen cars are becoming more popular. The car looks bad, but I don't see any obvious areas of corrosion. While I don't think I'd pay 4500 for it, I don't think he's too far off, especially if he's willing to haggle and started a bit high because of it.

Assuming the floor is good and there's no major corrosion, you could pick that thing up, build a 5.3 for it, wrap it to your desired color, change the wheels and revamp the interior for not too far north of 10k. Would be a cool cruiser.

pur octane

Established Member
"It's a rare and one of the most saught after models"
if I remember correctly production numbers were pretty high----I know their are at least 6 around my neighbor today

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
"It's a rare and one of the most saught after models"
if I remember correctly production numbers were pretty high----I know their are at least 6 around my neighbor today

In 1981 Chevy made 74,135 V8 equipped Camaros and 52,004 V6 equipped Camaros for a total of 126139 total cars. Of those 43272 were equipped with the Z28 package.

Source: http://www.nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro81.html

Not rare and I'd argue not sought after either. Although as I said previously, the late 2nd gen cars are starting to become more popular. Of those I'd say the Trans Am's have a higher desirability.

I still don't think his price is terrible. Hagerty values a 1981 Z28 350 at about $9100 for a condition 4 car. The car in the add is below a condition 4, but considering it appears to be straight and in need of cosmetic TLC (paint, a wrap, wheels) I don't think the price is too far off.

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vbe=113719

Assuming the car does run and drive, the car isn't hiding corrosion and the vin and block numbers verify that it is a 1981 Z28 350, I'd want to be in that car for around $3000. If you're able to do the work yourself, you could turn it into a condition 3 car for not a ton of money and either have a cool cruiser or sell it and make a small profit.

Users who are viewing this thread