Deadliest catch will never be the same...RIP Phil

onemean460

Established Member
Looks like we shared a lot of the same interest....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEtgHZ4dBbA"]YouTube- Phil Harris Tribute Rest In Peace[/ame]

brainpa

Established Member
I agree he was a great personality on the show.

But he was a horrible example of what NOT to do with your health; Remember I think it was last year he got sick on the show and was diagnosed with a PE (Pulmonary Embolism), in and of itself a potentially LETHAL event. He survived, but kept smoking!!!!! Unbelievable!

The risk factors for PE are closely related to a heart attack, which are exactly the same as risk for a stroke.

Please everyone take this to heart.

Phil will be dearly missed, but don't you make the same mistake.

Menasor

I saw that on tv during the new man vs wild.
Really sad he was the coolest guy on that show.
Feel bad for his kids.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
The last episode I saw he was coughing up blood and looked like shit. RIP

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
Wow that blows! RIP Phil, he was def one of my favorite Captains if not the favorite. He will be missed by many.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sad to hear. I enjoyed Phil on the show. You know, I just don't understand why anyone would chain smoke. Wen you know it is so bad for your health, one would think you'd have an incentive to stop knowing that not stopping would rob years from your lifetime. In most cases anyway. Sad news!

rust0r

Established Member
Sad to hear. I enjoyed Phil on the show. You know, I just don't understand why anyone would chain smoke. Wen you know it is so bad for your health, one would think you'd have an incentive to stop knowing that not stopping would rob years from your lifetime. In most cases anyway. Sad news!

If anything for Phil it is even more of a realization as I'm sure he had tons of fans write/email him pleading him to stop, as well and cast and producers who are like one giant family to him.

It just goes to show that even with all the support mechanisms in place how hard it is for some people, or I suppose how invincible people can feel at times.

Users who are viewing this thread