DEAD GAS PEDDLE ON START UP......HELP?

Carguy2013

I've got a 2013 GT500 (trinity engine). Mods include JLT Cold Air Intake and Ford Racing Super CJ Throttle
Body. Car runs great, idles great, everything fine except on occasion on start up gas peddle is dead, non responsive for up to a minute than whatever the glitch is clears and car operates like normal.
All the mods were done by prior owner. I've read a few posts from others that mention same problem.
Advice? Where do I have my mechanic look? Anyone out there with same problem that has fixed the issue?
Thanks for any help.

HKusp

Established Member
It's not hard. You can have codes stored, but they are called soft codes. Find you a used SCT device, they are all over FB marketplace for about $200. You hook it to the OBDII port and have it read codes. It'll even tell you what they mean. The device will walk you through the procedure. Here is a basic "how to".

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I've got a 2013 GT500 (trinity engine). Mods include JLT Cold Air Intake and Ford Racing Super CJ Throttle
Body. Car runs great, idles great, everything fine except on occasion on start up gas peddle is dead, non responsive for up to a minute than whatever the glitch is clears and car operates like normal.
All the mods were done by prior owner. I've read a few posts from others that mention same problem.
Advice? Where do I have my mechanic look? Anyone out there with same problem that has fixed the issue?
Thanks for any help.
Check the following and connections at sensors/motor on ETC/PCM :

ETC (Electronic Throttle Control Motor)

TP (Throttle Position Sensor)

APP (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor)

Carguy2013

Thank you Vinnie. Appreciate any constructive advice like you suggested. Problem is very intermittent but can be real annoying when it happens a time you don't want to be sitting and wait a minute for problem to clear. Thanks again.

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
It's happened to me a few times. I read on here just shut it off and restart, so I did and it worked :)

Carguy2013

Ya I've read that to but I'm trying to find the reason and fix it rather than re-start if possible. I'm hoping someone may have the same problem and know what the permanent fix is.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya I've read that to but I'm trying to find the reason and fix it rather than re-start if possible. I'm hoping someone may have the same problem and know what the permanent fix is.
This intermittent issue can be very difficult to find. I would also suggest getting freeze frame data as well when this happens to narrow and track down. You may not get a current set DTC or CEL because the issue is temporarily happening but Im willing to bet there is pending DTC for the issue

(Freeze frame data is a collection of parameters and data that are recorded in memory when a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is set. Typically an ECU will support at least 1 or 2 freeze frame buffers. The collected data is typically accessed via an OBD2 interface.)

Users who are viewing this thread