dead even with cobb?? sti?

jdlightning33

Established Member
no idea what cobb means or is..last night a blue sti..06+ with white cobb stickes on the rear window and a fart pipe..he gave me the rev so we slowed till about 45-50 and we hit it till about 110 ish with us legit dead even no gaining on either part most frustrating race ever lol...by the way i was in my 07 300 srt8 which is bone stock..

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
Cobb is a performance company that makes perfomance parts for Subaru,mitsu, mazda and nissan performance vehicles.
For the STI's they make a tuner (Access Port), turbo back exhaust, intake, suspension and other bits.
The Sti you raced could have had any number of mods. With the AP you can get off the shelf maps as well as get a pro tune with other mods. ie.. turbo upgrade.
For reference, my Mazdaspeed 3 with Cobb intake stayed pretty much dead even with my friends pro tuned stage 2 STI.( 3" turbo back exhaust, intake, pro tune, springs and sways and a carbon fiber drive shaft.) We went from a 50 roll to about 110.

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
The Cobb stage 2 kit (tune/exhaust) for an STI makes about 280whp and 320wtq according to their website.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The Cobb stage 2 kit (tune/exhaust) for an STI makes about 280whp and 320wtq according to their website.

My buddy had stage 2 when he had his STI a while back and they advertised 380fwhp then. We figured it was probably making around 300awhp. A 40hp parasitic loss for an AWD car is not that much. WRX are usually around 60hp or so loss.

CobraRyan

Banned
sounds like a well tuned sti to hang with the srt8 300 from a roll. Most bolt on sti's dont run harder than stock unless they are well tuned. Stock for stock a sti will beat the 300 from a dig but should be even at the 1/4 mark. From a 50 roll stock vs. stock the srt8 will pull.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
sounds like a well tuned sti to hang with the srt8 300 from a roll. Most bolt on sti's dont run harder than stock unless they are well tuned. Stock for stock a sti will beat the 300 from a dig but should be even at the 1/4 mark. From a 50 roll stock vs. stock the srt8 will pull.

I don't know man the stage 2 I rode in pulled much harder than stock and that was untuned. I was faster with just intake/exhaust, but it was still impressive. STIs just aren't at their best from a roll, it's mostly low end power.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Most bolt on sti's dont run harder than stock unless they are well tuned.

That's not true. There's very big gains going stage 1 or stage 2 on any STI. If you can't tell the difference over a stock one, you need to stop driving.. :dw:

My Stage 2 can destroy a stock STI. Not even close.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
That's not true. There's very big gains going stage 1 or stage 2 on any STI. If you can't tell the difference over a stock one, you need to stop driving.. :dw:

My Stage 2 can destroy a stock STI. Not even close.

Yep, Stock vs. Stage 2 is like night and day. Basically with a Turbo back exhaust and a COBB tuner you gain 50 flywheel hp and it changes the powerband immensely. I know when I had mine going from stock to Stage 2 woke her right the hell up.

Users who are viewing this thread