DD my cobra..

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Hey everyone I am going to be DD my cobra soon and was wondering if it will be safe to drive it in the rain with BFG street tires? I have nitto drags on right now and have heard the horror stories about crashing in the rain. What would be the best street tire for daily driving? I'm not too concerned about traction when it's dry I actually like to pedal my car when it spins.:rockon:
I also have a K&N FIPK and want to know if it will get wet at all when driving in the rain? I have the hood blanket off and the flaps off so there is nothing to stop water from coming in. Is there anything else I should do or need to know about driving in the rain?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the n00b questions.
:beer:

Modded04

Established Member
Not really I drove mine as a daily driver. A good pair of street tires and you should be fine. I even got pretty good gas mileage. I just drove it with care. Hope that helps.

Dan

mean03

Established Member
Just be careful in the rain and you will be fine. I daily drove mine for 2 years, thats why she has 96k on her. Just sucked trying to keep it clean. I currently just went back to BFG KDW's, I had those on it during the rain the last time it saw rain and it handled fine..

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Thanks guys I just wanted to know if my intake would be ok and if I needed to know anything else. It will be in the garage when not driven and i'm going to try and not DD it but I might have to. :(

Dan, did you ever calculate how many MPG you got?

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I do it...just keep up on oil changes and keep the car clean.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Yeah I change my oil about every 2 months depends on how much I drive it. And I can't stand my car being dirty so it will be clean 99% of the time.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
^I've read a few horror stories about bald nitto drags in the rain..The car gets away from you and you cannot control it after that.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
...I've never had a problem with a Nitto DR in the rain!

If I were to DD any Drag Radial, it would be a Nitto...however, if I were to take a Drag Radial to a track, it would not be a Nitto:rockon:

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
over 600rwhp and I DD mine rain or shine on 295/35/18 kdws. NO prob whatsoever in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread