DD Cobra??

TqMnster

Established Member
Just make sure you find one that hasn't been beat on and check for all the common problems. I don't DD mine but I wouldn't hesitate to ever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'd DD one. I'd DD my Camaro if I didn't have a more fuel efficient vehicle.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If fuel and cost of wear n tear racking up miles wasnt an issue, Id rock one in a heartbeat as a commuter, let alone a DD.

I DD'd mine for two years with a 10min drive to and from work, loved it. You get real used to that power though and the more you drive it the less "special" it feels.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
My parents DD their 03 for the past five years. No major issues other than normal consumables.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If fuel and cost of wear n tear racking up miles wasnt an issue, Id rock one in a heartbeat as a commuter, let alone a DD.

I DD'd mine for two years with a 10min drive to and from work, loved it. You get real used to that power though and the more you drive it the less "special" it feels.

I have a friend that had an '05 F430 Spyder and put 12,000 miles a year on it. I never got the vibe that he lost that "special" feeling:shrug: He now drives a 458 Italia as the DD...

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I daily drove my Cobra summers and loved it. No reason you can't do it unless maybe you had knee problems, making shifting in traffic a challenge. IMO it would make for a fun trip to work. Something to look forward to. A stress reliever. :)

fast ford brian

Established Member
There's 3 or 4 of us on my side of town that DD our 03 04's . Its fun in the early morning when the Dr.s driving the Porsche's are out and about !

JStyles

Established Member
I DD'd mine for the first year I had it with no problems at all. I had no problem at all. Just be ready to fuel up a lot lol. I filled up every 5-6 days with just a 20 mile round trip commute.

I enjoyed every gas-guzzling mile though! :banana:

Now I drive it on nice days and weekends - or whenever I feel like having a smile on my face.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Equalbracket

Established Member
I dd'd my lowered gt500 for 6 months before I bought a truck, absolutely loved to drive it but having it as my only vehicle at the time really sucked. Had too much effect on where I went or didn't go, where I parked etc, for me anyway. Having to take everything at an angle, not having a spare tire.. Plus I always had to have it shiny and spotless lol.

vaporgirl

Established Member
I DD my Saleen in highschool, but then I was'nt paying for gas. It's good to be daddy's little girl.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member

Definitely agree with this. I had to daily drive mine for a month or so while I did some work to my GT and it didn't have quite the rush after a while. I'm glad I'm back to driving it once a week now.

Users who are viewing this thread