DCTMS RS550 Steering Wheel Group Buy

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Ok ladies and gents. I was able to setup a group buy with the DCT Motor Sports carbon fiber and leather RS550 steering wheel. I think you will be pleased with the price break and quality. I personally have the carbon fiber and leather option and love it. This steering wheel is a totally new design with larger flat bottom, thicker grips, dimpled top grip, and contoured side grips. Materials are real carbon fiber and perforated leather. I originally had no intent on replacing the OEM wheel in the GT350R, but this is one of those things you do not really appreciate until you get your hands on it. Plus I enjoy the freedom of not worrying about wear/tear on the alcantara setup. The group buy is close to capacity so let me know if you decide to make the move.

Sugar_Mill_R_039_s_8_of_8.jpg

Sugar_Mill_R_039_s_1_of_8.jpg

DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_17.jpg

Group buy will have two options that I will list below. All payments will be handled via PayPal as it is a much easier process. All payments will occur between you and DCT Motor Sports. This pricing is good for the first 30 carbon fiber models sold, and the first 15 all leather pieces. Post up if you are interested and I will gather your specific order info via PM and send it in a spreadsheet to DCT Motor Sports. They will send you a detailed invoice from PayPal and then all your dreams will come true in roughly 45 days. The company is based in CA so sales tax will apply for some.

Once we have reached the maximum number of participants I will close the group buy. DCT Motor Sports can build you almost any option of steering wheel colors/materials such as alcantara, but those are not available at the group buy price. If you are interested in that route let me know and I can get you setup. Installation took me approximately 1 hour and a link to the details with pics is at the bottom. All your OEM components swap over. Best part is there will be NO CORE REQUIRED!

Option 1 - 30 Maximum

-Carbon fiber top & leather side/bottom hybrid steering wheel
- List price: $599
- Group Buy Price: $450 Shipped + CA tax if applicable
-Available in white, red, orange, yellow, dark blue, and gray stitching available
-Center stripe and stitching colors can be mixed/matched

1) Dtmaso
2) RamiGT500
3) Sweetchuck1983
4) Fordpowered
5) Juruki
6) Hollywood
7) Kavya
8) Jeff Lightning Blue S550
9) Boston23
10) bmlad10
11) 8251rpm
12) jasduke
13) Timemachine
14) Got Boost
15) Guzula
16) InTheHighDesert
17) Bender
18) Kommons
19) livewire2003
20) Boomer350
21) Thetoh_stang
22) Ven0r
23) Jeremy@Austin
24) Armym3
25) DevilDocAZ
26) Socalrugger
27) Docsean
28) kw_rc
29) Hotlap
30) 17rubyshelbyGT350

DCTMS_S550_carbon_yellow.jpg

DCTMS_S550_carbon_white.jpg

DCTMS_S550_carbon_red.jpg

DSC_1147.jpg

DSC_1149.jpg

DSC_1145.jpg

DSC_1144.jpg

Option 2 - 15 Maximum CLOSED

-Full Leather steering wheel
-List price $449
-Group Buy Price: $350 Shipped + CA tax if applicable
-Available in white, red, orange, yellow, dark blue, and gray stitching available.
*Center stripe not available on this model*

1) Kona302
2) Jmart
3) Endokendel
4) Derklink
5) Torque124
6) Scoggy Doogan
7) Nordique14
8) esco11
9) wilddog
10) GTthree50
11) Skeester
12) Zach
13) Fpa1974
14) Sccapri
15) Mkonrad

RS550_Mustang_steering_wheel_3.jpg

RS550_Mustang_steering_wheel_4.jpg

If you have more specific questions that I cannot answer feel free to contact DCTMS at their email [email protected]

Here is a link to my installation write-up if you want to see the process I went through and additional comparison photos next to the OEM Steering wheel.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/the-force-is-strong-r-with-this-one.1141819/page-5

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Some dang good group buy prices! Too bad it's not for the S197. My wife is in love with the alcantara wheel in my R, and she's not crazy about this one. :(

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I think the S197 crowd would love this as well. You can build this wheel in alcantara, just at the retail price depending on what option you want. Wifey will come around once she gets it in her hands. You know how that goes

SVTStampede

Established Member
I think the S197 crowd would love this as well. You can build this wheel in alcantara, just at the retail price depending on what option you want. Wifey will come around once she gets it in her hands. You know how that goes

Absolutely yes.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had them redo my ACR wheel. Love it! Ivan is great to work with.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
That wheel looks amazing. They really need to get this out for the GT500 guys, I'd be on it in a hearbeat.

Same here. In full alcantara.
When I spoke with the guys at SEMA I was clued in to the process for developing the wheel. They have about 40k into the R&D for it. They can redesign a wheel for the S197 crowd, but it is just a matter of the market being there. I will pass along you interest though and see how it looks.
would love to do a leather one but I want to keep the 12 oclock stripe
That can be done, but it will be outside of the group buy price and the normal retail. At that point you could also request to build it with other materials such as alcantara if you choose. Let me know if you want to move forward with it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I almost forgot this was group buy pricing. How much is normal retail? If they can produce an S197 steering wheel with the same options at the same price, I'm gonna be all over it! There was somebody selling carbon fiber steering wheels for the S197 a while back, but they wanted 2 grand for it!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I almost forgot this was group buy pricing. How much is normal retail? If they can produce an S197 steering wheel with the same options at the same price, I'm gonna be all over it! There was somebody selling carbon fiber steering wheels for the S197 a while back, but they wanted 2 grand for it!

They can produce whatever you want.

Just tell them what shape, color, and finish you want; they ship you the new wheel, you install it and you ship back your old wheel for a core return.

All of your buttons, and airbag will swap over to the new wheel.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Send me your contact information and what you want done. I will find out for you and get you a quote if it’s possible

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
UPDATE:

Group buy is closed, for option 1 and 2. Thanks to everyone who has participated. There is a small batch coming in to check for quality control, and then the rest will move into full production once we ensure everything is spot on. God DCTMS is taking the time to do that.

Good news is we have one wheel in stock at the group buy price that is up for sale for Black Friday. It passed QC and is a white stitching with white stripe carbon fiber model. Nobody ordered this combination so first person with $450 takes it!

1_B8_D1_F38_747_C_4_B87_BDD9_9_A70_E6395_D21.jpg

855_E35_E3_7_FE9_4_BD5_AFD8_3524_AF52_A0_CC.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Quick Update:

The first half of the leather steering wheel group buy shipped before Christmas, and the second half should be on its way out soon. A few of the steering wheels have been installed already with great feedback.

The carbon fiber models are getting close to shipping also. We should start seeing them ship within the next 2 weeks.

I appreciate everyone's patience, and please contact me with any questions.

Thank You,

hostile500

Established Member
I'm waiting for the next group buy. I missed out on this one but would be willing to wait if there's other forum members also wanting to get in on this

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread