DC Comic is planing it's answer to GOTG

BlueSnake01

Established Member
DC sucks. They will probably cast Ben Affleck, Toby McGuire, Ryan Reynolds, and Reese Witherspoon.
They have the best trilogy for a comic book movie, how do they suck?

Lets be honest, before the GOTG movie, not too many people knew who they were. Chris Pratt was a bad cast according to people or thought he was a nobody.

DC also has the best animated comic book movies, comic book TV shows and lots of interesting hero's/villains. You will be very surprised what they can offer.

The way I see it, its a win/win for comic book fans.

Last edited:

NinjaBum

Established Member
I chalk the Dark Knight trilogy more up to Nolan than DC being badass. They are my favorite as well, but they were surprisingly well done. The entire slew of others in recent years are pretty meh.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I chalk the Dark Knight trilogy more up to Nolan than DC being badass. They are my favorite as well, but they were surprisingly well done. The entire slew of others in recent years are pretty meh.

Agreed with this.

Nolan is what made the last batman trilogy what it was. Not much of a surprise there when you get good directors.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Agreed with this.

Nolan is what made the last batman trilogy what it was. Not much of a surprise there when you get good directors.
I agree on Nolan making the Dark Knight movies the best IMO comic book movies. However, the original Superman, the two original Batman movies pretty much created and started this superhero trend.

Yes, DC hasn't had a big bang live action movie YET but the universe outside is superior. To say, DC sucks because they havent hit a home run on recent live action movies is an overstatement especially when they only did 1 in the new universe. Man of Steel while mixed opinions opened the doors to a new universe. Lets be honest, the only great Marvel movies were Avengers, Iron Man 1, GOTG, Winter Soldier, and maybe Captain America 1. Thor 1&2, IM 2&3 were….. a letdown and mediocre. DC has had only one, Man of Steel.

Last edited:

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
DC had always been to me the dark side, dc would have more gritty comics and go places that marvel wouldn't. I love both but I feel dc won't ever really compete with marvel in the terms of blockbusters that is.

steeltoe

Established Member
DC had always been to me the dark side, dc would have more gritty comics and go places that marvel wouldn't. I love both but I feel dc won't ever really compete with marvel in the terms of blockbusters that is.

Writers like Frank Miller and Todd McFarlane have made some gritty stories for each publisher.

The story they choose to base BvS off is one of DC's hallmark books. The Dark Knight Returns changed Batman from the campy to what we know him as today. While DC blinked and changed there release date there are very few characters that can compete with DC's Big 3 and possibly the original 7 of the League.

sidewinderl

Established Member
They have the best trilogy for a comic book movie, how do they suck?

DC also has the best animated comic book movies, comic book TV shows and lots of interesting hero's/villains. You will be very surprised what they can offer.

Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman...

NinjaBum

Established Member
I agree on Nolan making the Dark Knight movies the best IMO comic book movies. However, the original Superman, the two original Batman movies pretty much created and started this superhero trend.

Yes, DC hasn't had a big bang live action movie YET but the universe outside is superior. To say, DC sucks because they havent hit a home run on recent live action movies is an overstatement especially when they only did 1 in the new universe. Man of Steel while mixed opinions opened the doors to a new universe. Lets be honest, the only great Marvel movies were Avengers, Iron Man 1, GOTG, Winter Soldier, and maybe Captain America 1. Thor 1&2, IM 2&3 were….. a letdown and mediocre. DC has had only one, Man of Steel.

Cough*supermanreturns*cough*greenlantern*cough

Mayhaps I was too harsh though. Marvel does have the aborted fetus that was Daredevil. The hell do Afleck and Ryan Reynolds keep being cast for these things? Honestly it kind of makes the characters a little too over the top and I can't get into it cause I see the actors not the heroes. Never watched many RDJ movies so he was alright as Iron Man, to me anyway. Same thing with Bale. The dude who was in The Proposal and the guy who made up half of the dumpster fire that was Gigli and Bennifer just don't do it for me in these roles.

steeltoe

Established Member
I'd like it see it in CGI done in the same style as the Arkham video games.
Check out Assult on Arkham

Mayhaps I was too harsh though. Marvel does have the aborted fetus that was Daredevil. The hell do Afleck and Ryan Reynolds keep being cast for these things? Honestly it kind of makes the characters a little too over the top and I can't get into it cause I see the actors not the heroes. Never watched many RDJ movies so he was alright as Iron Man, to me anyway. Same thing with Bale. The dude who was in The Proposal and the guy who made up half of the dumpster fire that was Gigli and Bennifer just don't do it for me in these roles.

The problem with Superman Returns was they wanted Brandon Roth to be Christopher Reeves.

Green Lantern was written horribly which has nothing to do with Ryan Reynolds and he's going to be Deadpool again so he will not be returning to DC.

Daredevil was Fox not Marvel and that movie again was bad because of horrible writing not Ben Affleck.

Man of Steel is the only movie in the DC Cinematic Universe but they have several films in the works. Batman v Superman, Justice League, Shazam!, and now Suicide Squad. Plus a solo Wonder Woman movie, MoS 2, and a solo Batman movie but there is no news on these yet.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member

I personally thought Ryan Reynolds was a great choice for Deadpool. He's got the right kind of smart ass attitude. I think he'll do well with his own movie, specifically one where they don't sew his goddamn mouth shut like in the Origins movie. WTF was that?

EDIT: D'oh, I fail at reading and didn't realize you meant his role as the Green Lantern. I'm with steeltoe on that one.

Last edited:

steeltoe

Established Member
I personally thought Ryan Reynolds was a great choice for Deadpool. He's got the right kind of smart ass attitude. I think he'll do well with his own movie, specifically one where they don't sew his goddamn mouth shut like in the Origins movie. WTF was that?

EDIT: D'oh, I fail at reading and didn't realize you meant his role as the Green Lantern. I'm with steeltoe on that one.

He was a great choice for Hal Jordan also.

gambit90lx

Established Member
sounds awesome...Guy Piece (Lockout movie) would probably be a good choice for Deadpool..Ryan Reynolds did represent the character very well though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread