Daughter really picky on first car ?

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I am about done looking for a car for my daughter she is going to turn 16 this August so me and the wife promised her a car for her Birthday ( Awsome Daughter excellent grades in school I might add).I have just about looked and showed her everything I can think off in the price range we want to spend 3-5k that's somewhat a clean car no slavage title, there is just nothing she has liked :shrug:. What does one do as a parent put you foot down pick a car and say here you go,or????

ViciousJay

Established Member
Sit down with her, open a bottle of champign and toast her and say "honey you just saved me $8000" She'll ask how and you tell her, well since your so picky i dont have to buy you that 3-5K car, pay 2-5K for insurance and gas and everything else. Tell her to enjoy walking.

If she is too picky and doesnt like it she wont take care of it...

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Get her a beetle and call it a day. Its up to you not her.

Sent with My Massive Johnson

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
No offense but... you are.buying her a car. She should be happy with whatever she gets. If she doesn't like it tell her to buy her own car.

Riptide

Established Member
Sit down with her, open a bottle of champign and toast her and say "honey you just saved me $8000" She'll ask how and you tell her, well since your so picky i dont have to buy you that 3-5K car, pay 2-5K for insurance and gas and everything else. Tell her to enjoy walking.
lol a scene right out of that old corey haim movie license to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Personally, I'd go with an older, naturally-aspirated Subaru. AWD for adverse weather, relatively economical, not fast enough to get into too much trouble with, and with the case of the Imprezas, not too shabby to look at.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
dude, I bought my first car. if it were me, honey here is 1000$ go buy a car, get it registered and insured (and inspected if necessary) and go find a damn job to pay for it and save up for a better one.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
ahaha put your foot down man.. I had to work for my car (I had excellent grades too). Nothing was ever handed or bought for me. I paid for insurance, gas, car, worked part time and in high school. Give her that option and see how she likes it. The fact that you are even going to buy her a car is a awesome privlege to have!!

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
lol i know girls that were like that when they got their first car. my last girlfriend used to always say "my parents were such assholes and bought me a stupid ugly car for my first car" and I was like damnn you parents bought you a car and your complaining? i had to bag groceries for 2 years to save up to buy my first car

Last edited:

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
All good advice and trust me I have thought of that all. One thing to add she has been working at her cousins Deli so she does have some money saved to contribute, so I said what you put in I will match just to up the pot a bit. So today I found a super clean 88 Honda Accord with 68k original owner little old lady driver sent her the picture and said this is the one. She gets back to me and said " Is this a Joke are you serious" I was like we are haveing a talk tonight this is BS! The problem with today's kids is they expect everything to be handed to them, I don't raise my kids that way but she sees it with her friends and well right there is the problem.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
All good advice and trust me I have thought of that all. One thing to add she has been working at her cousins Deli so she does have some money saved to contribute, so I said what you put in I will match just to up the pot a bit. So today I found a super clean 88 Honda Accord with 68k original owner little old lady driver sent her the picture and said this is the one. She gets back to me and said " Is this a Joke are you serious" I was like we are haveing a talk tonight this is BS! The problem with today's kids is they expect everything to be handed to them, I don't raise my kids that way but she sees it with her friends and well right there is the problem.

Hopefully she'll learn an important life lesson from this.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member

Sounds good to me. Watching those MTV shows doesnt help either. It's sad really.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
My wife has a 02 sebring lxi vert and really likes it, got it for less than $4k with 90k on it back in Feb

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Yeah I think she deffinately needs a talking to. Sounds like she is spoiled and needs to learn real life lessons. Please dont let her grow up into the type of bitch that thinks the world owes her everything.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
a budget is always good to stick with, however, when shopping for a well-deserved child... anything is possible; best of luck with the find.

Users who are viewing this thread