Datalogged my car, what does it mean

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Idk what you see, but what I see is knock between 4-6 throughout the pull all the way up to redline....:shrug:

DIRTYD- its the opposites it PULLING timing. If you saw negative knock that it would be ADDING timing.

Okay. So that means that the car was was pulling 6° of timing to end up at 23-24°, right?

04compgt

Established Member
Idk what you see, but what I see is knock between 4-6 throughout the pull all the way up to redline....:shrug:

DIRTYD- its the opposites it PULLING timing. If you saw negative knock that it would be ADDING timing.

I was talking about this picture, you can see the rpm drop from the "shift" and the Knock sensor graph spike up to ~6

DLKnock2_zps755a3a17.jpg

These new logs show his car pulling 6 degrees throughout the RPM.

DL2Knock_zps9744d939.gif

Last edited:

125oh

Established Member
what does that mean, I'm assuming it's air/fuel ratio, but what should the numbers be, what is the optimal range.

the log shows afr in lambda . idle and cruising should be around 1 . when you go wot it needs to richen up to around .82 lambda ( lower the number the richer it is higher the number is getting lean) lambda is the converted into a ratio by some , id have to lookmat a graph but 1lambda is 14.7 afr .82 is around 12.0 . someone can probably verify this and give you some more insight

fightermatt

Established Member
the log shows afr in lambda . idle and cruising should be around 1 . when you go wot it needs to richen up to around .82 lambda ( lower the number the richer it is higher the number is getting lean) lambda is the converted into a ratio by some , id have to lookmat a graph but 1lambda is 14.7 afr .82 is around 12.0 . someone can probably verify this and give you some more insight

Thanks, I'll stick with lower is richer, higher is leaner for now lol.
I sent them the first set of logs and they sent me a new set of tunes, I'll log those as well and send them in again to make sure its good. Maybe I'll make more power too, but I doubt I'd be able to feel it.

AMWill

Thanks AMShaneLesky, I didn't check my email before i left the house today or I would have loaded the new tunes, but I did leave the house and did a 3rd gear pull like Smm suggested, I'll go ahead and post it for those of you watching this thread, and they are much clearer. As for the fuel I use, I always use E free 93 because of the problem Ethanol has caused with the fuel system in my bike and lawnmower. I will load the new tune and datalog it tomorrow and email them back to you guys at AM, I'll post them here for everyone following as well. Thanks to everyone for their help or input, anything anybody wants to see let me know, I'm trying to learn as much as I can

Gotcha. Running ethanol free 93octane is okay as long as you stick to it. Otherwise your fuel trims will be a little out of whack. However, I wouldn't be afraid to run E10 93octane in your Mustang. All newer cars are designed to be able to withstand the corrosive effects of ethanol, since most of the country only has E10 gasoline. Where as your bike or lawnmower may not have been equipped with the correct chemical compound to withstand ethanol and experienced issues. Honestly, I have yet to see a 1996 - Present Mustang have issues with E10 93octane gasoline. In fact, I've seen numerous 11+ Mustangs run E85 full time with no issues!

I'm excited for you to give the new tunes a try. They should be right on the money according to Bama! So keep us updated!

Shane

fightermatt

Established Member
Update
Here is some screenshots of the datalog of the new tune compared to the shots of the old tune. Just posting AFR, Spark advance, and Knock (left RPM checked on all of them), if you wanna see something else let me know, I'm gonna email this to back to BAMA and see what they think.

AFR old
DL2AFR_zps74fa04a4.gif

AFR new
DL3AFR_zpsa4dbbedf.jpg

Spark old
DL2Spark_zpsfa7fb6de.gif

Spark new
DL3Spark_zpsaf2ab070.jpg

Knock old
DL2Knock_zps9744d939.gif

Knock new
DL3Knock_zps1ec7e881.jpg

Same thing one 3rd gear pull same tank of gas E free 93.

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
So at the start of the pull it goes to +4 knock and tapers down to about +1? On the new revise tune?

What rpm are you starting your pull?

fightermatt

Established Member
Sorry I just realized if I move a pic to a new folder in photobucket it deletes in from the post, (I fail at internet) here is a repost of the comparison between a 3rd gear pull of the 2 tunes E free 93.
AFR old
DL2AFR_zps74fa04a4.jpg

AFR new
DL3AFR_zpsa4dbbedf.jpg

Spark old
DL2Spark_zpsfa7fb6de.jpg

Spark new
DL3Spark_zpsaf2ab070.jpg

Knock old
DL2Knock_zps9744d939.jpg

Knock new
DL3Knock_zps1ec7e881.jpg

Sorry for messing up all the previous posts

125oh

Established Member
Kinda hard to see
Looks like about 26* total timing
, .83 -.85 lambda for afr .
And looks to only be adding timing on knock .
Looks good

Users who are viewing this thread