Data log tuning or Dyno??

MoneyAMG

Established Member
Who are the best gt500 tuners out there? I'd like to know who's tune you guys are running and is it dyno or email?

MattR

Established Member
Lund, Email, data log street pulls. I would pick a good email tune over a mediocre dyno tune. I would pick a good dyno tune over a good email tune.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Info in my sig

Im going to say BOTH. Dyno is a tool...track and datalogs tell the whole story. I have friends that dont even use dynos...they get it close on the street then go to the track and dial it in spot on. My car was dyno tuned on a loaded mustang dyno (heartbreaker for big numbers) then tweaked at the track with my tuner Bill Miller. ..guy is a honest to goodness Calibrator. ..not a tune reseller.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The calibrations we provide are generally dead nuts, but every car has its own DNA. Differences in fuel quality, mods (and their installation), environment, all play a role.

If you were here on the dyno, we'd datalog the car and make the appropriate corrections and enhancements. You can do the same on the street, IF you can do it safely.

The advantage of a street tune is real airflow, real g-forces against the fuel system, etc.

Jay makes a great point. Resellers, try as they might to serve your needs, have to be gatekeepers for the calibrators to some degree.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We offer some of the best remote tuning in the business like some of the other members have mentioned every car is different. We support remote tuning on known to us combos or clones of our packages.
99% of the world is happy with a service like this. If YOU want to squeeze every drop of HP TQ and driveability out of your car you can not underestimate the value of a full service tuning facility.

Here is a sample of a remote we offer for Ford's and Shelby's
[video=youtube_share;gSDnOIiZCrU]http://youtu.be/gSDnOIiZCrU[/video]
[video=youtube_share;OQewyrbOfnU]http://youtu.be/OQewyrbOfnU[/video]

TORQJNKY

If the option is there, in person on the dyno with VMP, Lund, Livernois or any reputable tuner is your best bet. Most tuners have tuning software that can look at many more parameters than data logging with something like SCT Live Link II. If you have to remote tune, data logging on the street can be fun but dangerous and can get you thrown in jail if you're not careful. You also don't get to see the data until your data log pull is over. The Dyno is more controlled and obviously safer for you and the car. The dyno operator can monitor A/F and stop the dyno pull if he see's the car getting to a lean condition, where you may not see that before the car does on the street.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
facepalm-picard-i11.jpg

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Car went to the tuner, www.teamjdm.com , baselined, modded, the tuner drove it on the street, datalogged it, then it went to the dyno.
I'm sure remote tuning will produce a " good " tune, just not the " best " tune.

Joewee500

Established Member
I datalogged my previous vehicle to death but it had widebands. This new to me. 08 gt500 apparently has to be remote tuned on the dyno. I will take what I get as long as I get rid of fail safe mode argh!

TVS VERT

Established Member
My car was tuned by Bill Miller @ Proedge Tuning in New Haven, CT.....One of best cailbrators in the business...Lots of tune sellers (tooners) out there, wont say names but some of them are listed in thread already....Only a Hand full of people i would let touch my car's ECU, Bill Miller being my 1st choice, Shaun @ AED and Jimmy Larocca.

I'll leave it at this Bill has fixed a bunch of Pennslyvania and New York GT500's that were supposedly tuned by the "Best" Lol

Users who are viewing this thread