Data Log question for Mac

scottGT500

Established Member
Hey guys! I need to data log tomorrow and I have a MAC. Van told me to download windows Parallel for everything to connect to my MacBook Pro. I am having issues getting everything to communicate...a little help getting started would be greatly appreciated from those that have done this before using a Mac.

Thanks guys!!

Scott

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I gave up trying to get my Livewire in my F150 to communicate with my Macbook Pro. I don't own a single PC, so I've been thinking about just picking up a cheap little windows based crap top just to do logging and updates.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Right?!? I didn't realize that SCT didn't play well with Mac, I never had a tuning device for my Shelby. My tuner just flashes it whenever we tune the car and that's the end of it. So when I got the Livewire for my Ecoboost, I was pissed as hell to find out that I couldn't even hook it up to the truck without first connecting it to a PC. I had to drive 12 miles to my sister in laws house to get the closest PC just to update the tuner and hook it up to the truck. Needless to say, I'm not borrowing her lap top for a week to data log...

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
I just did my macbook retina today. U need a copy of windows 7 32g or 64g then use bootcamp to install. Once you install windows 7 with bootcamp you can install parallels. You can use bootcamp to use windows 7 also, no need for parallels.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Would a $200 Acer laptop from Walmart work?

Yeah that's what I was thinking about doing. It'd probably be cheaper and easier than getting all of the software you'd need to force SCT to work with your Mac. I really can't believe that SCT doesn't have a solution for this. We're not talking about the 1990's here when Mac's were like blood diamonds. With the growing popularity of Apple products, EVERYTHING that hooks to a computer should have a solution to make it compatible.

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
I didn't know sct didn't work with with macs until I tried to download the sct program. macs have bootcamp installed already so u should have it already. Copy of windows 7 around $100.

vdimenna

Established Member
I've been using parallels with my Mac and haven't had any issue logging or loading tunes.

You need to have Parallels running and then plug in the USB cable that's connected to your tuner, you should get a prompt to where you want it to connect to (Mac or Windows). Select Windows and then your parallels session should see the the tuner.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Yes.

Keep in mind that speed is key. The only reason you can't/shouldn't use the device itself as the datalogger is that the sampling rate is slow compared to a PC/USB.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread