dash recall

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
I was a marine diesel mechanic for 6 years and I've broken enough nails and gotten dirty enough to say that I don't want to change brake pads...or turn another d*&% rotor.

But, I do love to break out all the tools and get dirty occassionally. Keeps me humble.

And I love my job..I worked hard to get to this point.

Maria

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
No, spelling correctly or incorrectly is not a sign of intelligence or lack thereof. Some people are just too smart and some people don't have enough common sense to climb out of a box.

:D

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
well...I suppose that is one way to look at it...However, I'm all for meeting problems head on in a game of chicken. I usually come out OK. Not that I a perpetual optimist....not by any means...I just don't let the small Sh*% get to me.

Maria

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Zach-

The other Engineer that I work with wants to know what you did to the Impala to make a boat move so quickly. :rolling:

He's a gear head and is always tweaking his cars and he's curious to know.

Maria

stunts

Established Member
Excuse the interruption, but, this whole dash thing...
I have minimal warpage, basically the dash is separating where the vent is just behind the windshield. It has not separated along the edge of the window though. My question is has anyone had ford decline to do the replacement. I have heard some people getting the dash re-glued rather than replaced. I would prefer the replace and may wait a few more months if that is the case(I believe the recall is good until oct of ’02). Thoughts…. Thanks.

Oh, and welcome SVT_GIRL. we can always use more autocadd users.

Last edited:

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Originally posted by stunts
Excuse the interruption, but, this whole dash thing...
I have minimal warpage, basically the dash is separating where the vent is just behind the windshield. It has not separated along the edge of the window though. My question is has anyone had ford decline to do the replacement. I have heard some people getting the dash re-glued rather than replaced. I would prefer the replace and may wait a few more months if that is the case(I believe the recall is good until oct of ’02). Thoughts…. Thanks.

Oh, and welcome SVT_GIRL. we can always use more autocadd users.

:block:

I noticed about 3 months ago that the dash was curling up and the vent kept popping out...kept pissing me off really. Then I found this site and found out about the recall (the SOB's weren't going to tell me about it obviously) so I went in to the dealership and pouted a little to the service tech and he said that he would order another one and that it would take a week to get the part in and two days to install. So, I suppose the point to all the above is....get a cute woman to pout at the service guy and you'll get your dash replaced.

Maria

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT_GIRL
Zach-

The other Engineer that I work with wants to know what you did to the Impala to make a boat move so quickly. :rolling:

He's a gear head and is always tweaking his cars and he's curious to know.

Maria

I was quoting the other engineer when I said "boat". I wouldn't want to offend someone. Especially when everyone has been so very nice.

Maria

S

SVTHottie102

Yeah I'll agree with Jay...you act like you have never seen/talked to a girl before:shocked: LMAO:D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Maria,

Heheh @ boat heres what i did, and also a pic of it

Specs LT-1 Procharger Supercharger w/ 8 PSI Modifications: 3.73 gear, 52MM throttle body, LT1 aluminum head motor, 2-1/4" flow master with cross over, Hypertech Power Programer Plus, SLP headers, SLP cold air induction, K&N dual fiters, 1.6 Rocker arms, aluminum drive shaft

m314968.jpg

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
LOL it was but I dun kow where she went to, maybe she couldnt stand my awqful typing now more

Nooooo not at all....I had to go pick up my new bike. So, then I had to go home of course to ride it around.

I'll pass the info along about the "boat":rolling:

M

Users who are viewing this thread