Dash Cams

Ghost11

Established Member
The time has come to finally get some dash cams for the wife and I.

I have no experience with these so looking for some advice..... Do they make any cordless?If so any brands to look for or not look for?

Thanks....

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have one. Forget what the name brand is.
I used it all the time when I commuted 33 miles into Seattle every day.
Then I moved to Maine.
It has not been used much at all in the last 5 years. Mostly when I am towing the Race Car.
My car Ins dropped by 70% by moving out of Seattle and into the sticks of Maine.

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
The time has come to finally get some dash cams for the wife and I.

I have no experience with these so looking for some advice..... Do they make any cordless?If so any brands to look for or not look for?

Thanks....
Thanks OP...I'm interested as well...

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member

rborden

Established Member
Look into a pair of Blackvue 4K 2-channel systems.

They are pricey but you can put each pair, front/left, and rear/right. They have an LTE module and upload to a cloud. Full 360° coverage, battery backup and record if your vehicle gets hit, bumped while parked, etc. Phone app to retrieve footage and send to law enforcement.

Best on the market.

_Snake_

Established Member
Look into a pair of Blackvue 4K 2-channel systems.

They are pricey but you can put each pair, front/left, and rear/right. They have an LTE module and upload to a cloud. Full 360° coverage, battery backup and record if your vehicle gets hit, bumped while parked, etc. Phone app to retrieve footage and send to law enforcement.

Best on the market.

I was surprised Blackvue wasn’t mentioned already.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i go back and forth on the camera, as bad as the blood sucking lawyers are down here and Fl being a contributory negligence state...just something to keep in mind

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Anyone have firsthand experience using/fitting a cam in an s550?

I found this mirror-tap kit that is supposed to get power from the rearview mirror. Looks sleek. I hate wires laying around.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone have firsthand experience using/fitting a cam in an s550?

I found this mirror-tap kit that is supposed to get power from the rearview mirror. Looks sleek. I hate wires laying around.

i dunno about the s550 but the connections were so tight on the mirror on my 12 f150 I never could get the pins to insert, I gave up (was using one for the radar detector)

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Also been thinking about getting a camera. Just worried about someone smashing the window to steal it. Don't like the Idea of having to remove it when I'm not in the car, pretty sure it would get old then eventually just leave it hooked up.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Also been thinking about getting a camera. Just worried about someone smashing the window to steal it. Don't like the Idea of having to remove it when I'm not in the car, pretty sure it would get old then eventually just leave it hooked up.

i dont recall ever hearing or reading about someone having a dash cam stolen

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
i dunno about the s550 but the connections were so tight on the mirror on my 12 f150 I never could get the pins to insert, I gave up (was using one for the radar detector)
Oh yeah? Let's hope that's not the case for the mustangs I guess. For the price, not much of a gamble.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why are these not standard issue on new cars?
They're not standard issue probably because not everyone has a need for one, and they're not cheap. A lot of new cars have dash cam options, though. Toyota, for example, has one available for $375 for the 2024 Camry. It's probably not 4K at that price.
PT949-08210.jpg

I have thought about getting one, but I'm not sure that I want it so visible to outsiders. I wonder how prone these are for theft. Or maybe they are a major theft deterrent device. ???

blueovalfan

Established Member
They're not standard issue probably because not everyone has a need for one, and they're not cheap. A lot of new cars have dash cam options, though. Toyota, for example, has one available for $375 for the 2024 Camry. It's probably not 4K at that price.
PT949-08210.jpg

I have thought about getting one, but I'm not sure that I want it so visible to outsiders. I wonder how prone these are for theft. Or maybe they are a major theft deterrent device. ???

I rented a Tundra last time I was in San Antonio, didn’t know that was a camera. It would drive me insane beeping every time I started the truck until I hit the power button.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 SNAKE EATER

Established Member
All depends on your budget as there are plenty of choices out there.

Companies send me dash cams for testing/reviews, so my winshield is usually cluttered with them.

With all the crazy $#!t I see on a daily basis, I won't drive without one.

I have an entire YouTube channel dedicated to my own daily dash cam videos lol

My daily beater currently has 3 separate setups (I've downsized)

Vantrue Nexus 5 (4 channel front/rear/front interior/rear interior)

Vantrue Sonnet 1 Pro (2 channel front/rear)

BlueSkySea B2W (2 channel front/rear interior)

Here's a vid of me getting rear ended by some lady in a Tahoe a couple months ago

And here's a video of a drunk driver I spotted last week

Dude was wasted!!

Managed to take his keys and called for help

Users who are viewing this thread