Dang kids

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My 4 year old bumped my phone off the table yesterday...absolutely destroyed it. lol

It was a Note 20 Ultra. Screen shatttered, and only had about a square 1" area that still reacted to touch. Ordered a new phone, had it delivered last night. Took 6 hours to move data from one to the other...looked like about 72GBs worth. Now it's 'organizing my data', so hoping to have my text threads back at some point. Moved the pictures off of the internal drive to the new phone, but wouldn't pull from the SD Card, so I had to remove that then upload those to my computer, then move them to the new phone.

Luckily, all of the apps and programs moved over to the new S23 Ultra without too many issues, but now having to go back and log into them all is a pain haha

What I learned from this experience...screen protectors don't always work, and I hope to have my phone back functioning 100% sometime tomorrow.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Screen protectors are worthless for about the last 3-4 years I've found... a good case with just enough protection on the edges of the screen is all you need. Sucks that it is taking that long, we just upgraded my wife's iphone 11 to a 15 on Saturday and the complete transfer/restore took about 45 minutes for 60+gb, easiest one I've seen yet.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Screen protectors are worthless for about the last 3-4 years I've found... a good case with just enough protection on the edges of the screen is all you need. Sucks that it is taking that long, we just upgraded my wife's iphone 11 to a 15 on Saturday and the complete transfer/restore took about 45 minutes for 60+gb, easiest one I've seen yet.

I use the glass screen protectors and they have saved my phone several times. I have a new phone in the mail now, and already ordered the glass protector for it from Amazon.

@13COBRA how high was the table? That's crazy it got that banged up. I drop mine off ladders and shit and I've only broken the screen protectors a few times over the years.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I use the glass screen protectors and they have saved my phone several times. I have a new phone in the mail now, and already ordered the glass protector for it from Amazon.

@13COBRA how high was the table? That's crazy it got that banged up. I drop mine off ladders and shit and I've only broken the screen protectors a few times over the years.

2-3 ft. Landed on top of my race simulator rails.

Dumb luck really.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh. Phones?

Just wait.

I’m about to have to buy her son a vehicle. I can barely trust the kid to walk across the street.. and he’s gonna get a car.

I wish phones were the least of my worries

Why doesn't he buy his own car? I know I had to, and there was no way mom and dad were letting me use their rides.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Tell him matching funds. Most of these kids couldn't save a grand. So, even if he saves a grand, he ends up in a $2k shitbox.

He wants my truck I told him **** no.

He will get a beater civic or something.

I told him he will get a car.. and we will fix it and do maintenance on it and he will learn before he drives

We get child support and claim him.. so no point in matching. We will put that money in a savings accounts

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Oh. Phones?

Just wait.

I’m about to have to buy her son a vehicle. I can barely trust the kid to walk across the street.. and he’s gonna get a car.

I wish phones were the least of my worries
My oldest turns 16 in January, but if he can't bring me at least a B in all his classes I'm not sure how he's gonna get a car, let alone a job.

Users who are viewing this thread