Damn Lucky!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
On one hand I get it. Enforcing the law/speed limit, but on the other hand it is too dangerous to be pulling people over on the interstate these days.

There is WAY too much traffic, too many dumbasses who don't know how to drive and the speed limit is a lot higher than it was before. LEOs and Sheriffs departments and DPS needs to figure something else out.

I don't know the answer, but clearly this isn't it. LEO almost lost his life, over what? A speeding ticket???? Not worth it IMO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
On one hand I get it. Enforcing the law/speed limit, but on the other hand it is too dangerous to be pulling people over on the interstate these days.

There is WAY too much traffic, too many dumbasses who don't know how to drive and the speed limit is a lot higher than it was before. LEOs and Sheriffs departments and DPS needs to figure something else out.

I don't know the answer, but clearly this isn't it. LEO almost lost his life, over what? A speeding ticket???? Not worth it IMO.
No worries. We're well on our way to camera speed monitoring. Instant tickets. :mad: So no more need to stop speeders. We've got towns all throughout CT planning to install them. The infrastructure is pretty much already there. Dem states first.

And it's not just the state police on the freeways who are susceptible. Highway crews have to deal with speeding cars as well. Working in these crews can be just as dangerous.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
No worries. We're well on our way to camera speed monitoring. Instant tickets. :mad: So no more need to stop speeders. We've got towns all throughout CT planning to install them. The infrastructure is pretty much already there. Dem states first.

And it's not just the state police on the freeways who are susceptible. Highway crews have to deal with speeding cars as well. Working in these crews can be just as dangerous.

We used to have cameras at intersections here Bob. Signs posted stating "photo enforced." People would slam on the brakes for yellow lights or speed up to avoid being in the intersection when the light turned red.

From what I could find "In June of 2019, Texas passed a law making the use of red-light cameras illegal. According to a press release, the city of El Paso shut down the cameras shortly thereafter."

So, not sure how feasible highway cameras catching speeders would be here in Texas. Besides, I have been on sections of the interstate here in TX where the speed limit is 80 or 85. If you're going faster than that I think you need a ticket mailed to you LOL....

Users who are viewing this thread