Damn fast 99 Vette.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
J-Rod did a 11.59 @ 118mph with a bone stock LS6. Only mods added to his Z06 were a set of MT ET Streets. He dropped the clutch at 6500rpms and pulled a 1.6 60 ft to get that run. 1/8 mile was 7.44 @ 94mph.

Panhandle_ws6

Established Member
Yeah i would have to say a lot of it is driver. If ya got a good driver that knows how to put the power and make it stick u don't need a high horspower car to run quick. Just gotta know how to use it. :beer:

mkiley

i had a cartek stage2x h/c package on my camaro and it put down 441 rwhp and 405 ft ilbs tq through a 12 bolt and 315's. there have been quite a few cartek cars recently reach over 500rwhp w/ just heads ,cam,intake,pulley,and exhaust.

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
Originally posted by Hissman
There has to be more to it for him to walk away from a pulleyed Cobra the way he did.
Its a modded C5 Vette.
1.Superior aerodynamics.
2.Less weight.
That is a hard combo to beat, yes the 03 Cobra is a great platform, but a modded C5 is gonna spank you everytime.

:burnout:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Devil Dog
Its a modded C5 Vette.
1.Superior aerodynamics.
2.Less weight.
That is a hard combo to beat, yes the 03 Cobra is a great platform, but a modded C5 is gonna spank you everytime.

:burnout:
did you not see the vid of griffin's KB cobra vs the s/c z06?

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
did you not see the vid of griffin's KB cobra vs the s/c z06?
Yeah, I saw a ZO6 with a 60 rwhp handicap and a passenger stay in front of a 611 rwhp KB Cobra.
I rest my case.:coolman:

Last edited:

cobra4b

@ The Track
Established Member
Cartek, LGM, MTI, etc. are making crazy numbers w/ just H/C. My next mod is a cam package. That should but me at 42X rwhp w/ an ls1-edit tune.

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Originally posted by Ryan00TJ
Mods to the LS1 are pretty expensive ...

I dont own an LS1 but maybe modding an LS1 vette is more pricey, but overall its no more pricey building an LS1 up than most newer engines. And L98 and LT1 vettes are crazy expensive to mod.

And C5s weigh in between 3000-3300lbs in most cases. Z06s are less of course, while coupes and converts are heavier. And J-rod is a mod over on LS1tech, and those times are right on the money.

Users who are viewing this thread