Damn fast 99 Vette.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
IMO, and I could be wrong, but I would have to say that he probably has a little more done to it than just H/C.

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Im sure he's got a tune, but he's also got a FAST intake on it, and depending upon the other mods, who knows what all he's got and whats done.

Quite a few guys say "ive just got heads/cam" yet fail to mention they've got a built 12 bolt or 9" with 4.10s, built A4, runnin drag radials all with offroad exhaust and bigger cubes.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My thoughts exactly. That is one hellava intake. There has to be more to it for him to walk away from a pulleyed Cobra the way he did.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Everybody says he's only making between 470-490rwhp. I'm sure he's making way more than that. To go 128mph in a 3200 lb car with stiff suspension needs more like 500-530rwhp. I can't see that car going 10's by just slapping on a set of ported heads or even AFRs, a cam and FAST intake. I guess we may never know.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
The Car in question is a Cartek HC LS1.......Directly from the owner.....Thanks guys for the props. My car is a CARTEK H/C car. My best run to date was 10.80@128(Nov 03) with 1.42 60'. Since then I have added a fast intake, new throttle body and electric water pump. My car now dynoed at 496RWHP compared to 449RWHP. The bottom end is still stock. Im trying to get to the track to see what she will run now, but with warmer weather here not looking for any major improvement. My freind Brent with same setup ran 10.50@130, so hopefully I will run close. Again thanks guys for the props.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Most of the cartek cars have 4.10s, but besides that I'm sure it's pretty much just the h/c. Those guys with the F.A.S.T and h/c are getting real close to(and over) 500rwhp.

That brent02eb guy from Corvetteforum and kh24 both run mid 10's around 130 with that setup. Sick ass fast cars.

Unfortunately the Cartek crew tends to be like an internet gang that can only type all caps and obsess over how CARTEK BUILT ME THEA FASTERST HEADS/CAM CAR ON THE PLANET!:lol1:

robiferretti

Established Member
Originally posted by The DBK
Unfortunately the Cartek crew tends to be like an internet gang that can only type all caps and obsess over how CARTEK BUILT ME THEA FASTERST HEADS/CAM CAR ON THE PLANET!:lol1:

LOL, How true!!!!

However, Mark (the guy in the video) isn't part of the "internet crew" He's good people:beer:

oh and guys there is the same thread in this forum if you just read down the page a little

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Excuse my ignorance, but just how much $$$ does it take to make a now $15k 97 vette go that stinkin fast... awesome car.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
depends where you go, but all that shit on that car should be about 10k.

I got 449rwhp outta my car in h/c format(about 5500). Add that F.A.S.T Intake and 90mm TB(1500) and the 4.10s(1500). :beer:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
4.10's run you guys $1500? What exactly is HC format, what all does that include, and is that from a specific shop I take it? Just curious, my dad's got a C5 and I have always loved that car...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The 1500 bucks would include install and depending on the shop I got my 3.90s with a hardened output shaft for that price(which you'd want if you race like that).

I just meant as heads/cam because my car is turning into a 422. A big cam and stage II heads at a most shops will be between 6-8k, depending on what kinda headwork you have done, valve springs, rockers etc...

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Well a tad bit spendy but pretty impressive... especially your guys' top end...

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Yeah, it'd all depend on what type of h/c package, and what tuner you go to. Carteck and Vette Doctors are becomming popular with some of their cars running insane #s. But MTI heads/cam packages are pretty insane, altho they're better utilized with nitrous, their cars are pushing decent #s.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Mods to the LS1 are pretty expensive but it is a very easy motor to learn how to tear apart and rebuild it yourself. If you install your own headers, camshaft and heads you save yourself a couple thousand right there. I've installed everything on my car myself and in a few weeks will also be installing my new Stage II heads.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
About how much do these Vetts weigh. I now believe that these vetts have done 10's at almost 130mph with just H/C/I. I am asking cause a Z06 weighs almost 3200lbs, has 405hp, approx. 370-380rwhp and their pulling off mid 12's at 116mph. How does only 70 rwhp drop 2 seconds off an ET and gain almost 14mph? I am not bashing any Vetts, I love the Z06 and the LS1 and LS6 motors. I just want ot know how it's done.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
for one thing its the driver.. I know the other guy (brent) drives his ass off.. and his is a z06
I also know J-rod ran his STOCK Z06 to an 11.7x dont remember the mph..
Driver is very important as is track..

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by BayouVette
for one thing its the driver.. I know the other guy (brent) drives his ass off.. and his is a z06
I also know J-rod ran his STOCK Z06 to an 11.7x dont remember the mph..
Driver is very important as is track..
thats not possible. unless there was a massive weight reduction and fat slicks cutting a 1.5 60'

Users who are viewing this thread