Dallas pulley swap. NOT DIAL UP FRIENDLY

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
03DOHC, "potato" is my car's name... long story.

I thought it was Banana:thumbsup:

-Brian

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
Those interchangeable pulley's make the engine have more of a classic "6-71 blower" look, like a dragster. I am going to try Hallsville again this weekend if anyone is interested.

2003snake

Established Member
That comment was to funny, about the low fluid....it's the first thing that I noticed....

I also had my car in the shop for leaky o-rings on the master cylinder.

It was leaking power steering fluid.....Yes you read it correctly, I said it was leaking power steering fluid from the master cylinder that is located on the firewall.

Check the "landing" below the master cylinder to see if it's slippery, it was deceiving 'cause the fluid ran down the frame and it at first seemed like the fluid was coming somewhere from the tranny...

J

TPOC

Established Member
Anyone, off topic for a sec. What tool did you use to take off the front mustang emblem...it has some keyed screws.

Short of grinding the edges or some other way of totally messing the screw up, I wanted to ask what you guys tried.

Thanks a bunch. Still waiting on the chip, but I haven't noticed any issues while putting the pedal down. Taking it easy though. Man, I really love the whine of the S/C now.

I can barely hear my exhaust anymore when I punch it. :)

Thanks again!

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by Elapidae
About this washer? Was it with the original pulley and you just replace it or is it something that comes with the new pulley or is it something you had to go and buy separately? Thanks again,

/whistling smiley/

:rolleyes:

TPOC

Established Member
The washer came with the pulley puller. Actually there were two. We tried using one between the puller and the large nut to help in turning, but that really did not help that much.

We should have used the other washer that came with the puller as a guard between the main center bolt of the puller and the s/c shaft. It was our thinking that it may have minimized the grinding of the s/c shaft that you can see in one of the pictures.

I am not sure how good it would of helped, but I am still happy with the results.

Hope that answers your question.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by TPOC
The washer came with the pulley puller. Actually there were two. We tried using one between the puller and the large nut to help in turning, but that really did not help that much.

We should have used the other washer that came with the puller as a guard between the main center bolt of the puller and the s/c shaft. It was our thinking that it may have minimized the grinding of the s/c shaft that you can see in one of the pictures.

I am not sure how good it would of helped, but I am still happy with the results.

Hope that answers your question.

Yes it does. Thank you very much :-D

coleman

Established Member
TPOC, i have the tool to take that front emblem off... it'll only save you a few bucks, but if you want to head over sometime.

TPOC

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
TPOC, i have the tool to take that front emblem off... it'll only save you a few bucks, but if you want to head over sometime.

I appreciate the offer Coleman, but a friend of mine had one.

:beer:

Rwick7

Established Member
Great pics guys...TPOC your car is now my wallpaper. :)

Anyone know where I can ge tthe t25 tool? I just ordered my snake.

TPOC

Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
Great pics guys...TPOC your car is now my wallpaper. :)

Anyone know where I can ge tthe t25 tool? I just ordered my snake.

Sweet! :thumbsup: :coolman:

I'm famous! :-D Which pic? I have more, of my 'better side' :)

My friend that had the T25, said he got it at Autozone.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
JerryK, Just wanted to update you on the puller.

I spend the week in L.V. at the SEMA show. GREAT, GREAT show. The SVT experience was exceptional.

I see a bunch of pictures posted already, and I have some others. I took at least 50 of the anniversary Cobra. The car looks A LOT better in person than the pictures posted. The wheel aren't as bad as they look, but I prefer the stock 03's better.

The RED is a little busy, but it's classy...

Anyway, back on topic. I get back Friday and NO PULLEY still. Obviously we have a problem. I get a tracking number from Terry and the parts were in Dallas on the 29th. From that point, no one has a clue. The parts are LOST.

So your puller is safe and sound.

I did have another BIG BOX of goodies waiting for installation when I got home.

BTW, that Red GT next to the Cobra was AWESOME!

Mac03Cobra

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread