Dallas pulley swap. NOT DIAL UP FRIENDLY

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Some shots from the pulley swap in Dallas today. Those that missed the get together missed a great time. The best part was when 4 of us were staring at the puller trying to figure out how to put the new pulley on? Where was JerryK when we needed him? smile...We figured it out after a few minutes...

Everything went fine and TPOC now has 13LB of raw boost!

coleman will be posting some better pictures. These are just the group together...

Thanks guys for an excellent time today. It was great having a group of Stangs "in the house".

swap8.jpg

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Sweet pics!!! Did Coleman actually wash his car? ;) The direcitions if you want them are on the pulleyboys website but it sounds like anyone who saw it knows how its done now!

TxSnake

Established Member
This is why it sucks working weekends. :cuss: I hope to get together with yall sometime and meet everyone. :beer:

lifter213

Established Member
Great pictures. Wish i could've made it :bash:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I had to go to Sulpher Springs for my wifes 17 year old son's Birthday. Maybe next time.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
DD2000GT, My daughter was WAITING for you. (smile). Ask the others. She LOVES the Sonic Blue.. But TPOC's made her happy with his color.

Hope to see you next time..

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Yes, The puller needed to sit up just about a 1/8 inch more. You can see from the pictures we were still a little high even touching the tube. We touched up the tube with black paint and you couldn't even notice it. The shaft looks worse in this picture than it was. Once the bolt and nut were back in place, you can't see any of the marks. We still weren't too happy. It didn't hurt the shaft, just the very end. We could have cleaned it up with a fine file, but the bolt and washer cover the end. We needed the washer, plus we should have kept the bolt shaft completely still. We moved the bolt shaft a couple of times to get a better position. Live and learn on this one. If this was a floating end shaft, we wouldn't have had the issue. We learned... :cuss:

I'm going to see of JerryK will let me take just a little more off the corners of the puller. I tried it for size on mine after everyone left and I actually set a little higher than TPOC's. We would have changed mine but I'M STILL WAITING for the parts. They must be coming dog sled priority.

Last edited:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by Mac03Cobra
DD2000GT, My daughter was WAITING for you. (smile). Ask the others. She LOVES the Sonic Blue.. But TPOC's made her happy with his color.

Hope to see you next time..

Well believe me, I much rather would have come over and shoot the bull than drive 3+ hours round trip just for lunch in SS. Nice pics BTW, good to see the install done visually.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Thanks for the pictures, info and invite. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the gotchas too ;-)

Hopefully I'll be doing this in 2 or 3 weeks.

About this washer? Was it with the original pulley and you just replace it or is it something that comes with the new pulley or is it something you had to go and buy separately? Thanks again,

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Originally posted by Mac03Cobra
I'm going to see of JerryK will let me take just a little more off the corners of the puller.

Grind away baby! Hope they can mush the UPS truck faster, its a bummer waiting on parts that are late!

<---- Makes note to self to get the UPS driver a Christmas card and a tip to make sure the parts keep coming!

Users who are viewing this thread