Dallas Performance Lambo Crash (Saturday at WGF)

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Went to Sulphur Springs for the wannagofast event on Saturday. First time I've ever gone to the 1/2 mile and just spectated.

Anyway we are sitting at about the 3/8 mile mark watching cars make their passes. Well then here comes the Dallas Performance TTG. So of course we are all paying attention to this run. Well he didn't hit full WOT until right at or past the 1/4 mile. Then it was moving out....I mean like the damn thing just teleported forward. Was a 209 trap speed then spun out immediately. Looked like he lost it under braking. Ended up in the air and flipping end over end. Driver was OK and walked away. Friend of mine snagged this pic before they loaded it up into an enclosed trailer.

post-1492-0-42426800-1479005164.jpg

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Wow, that had to be crazy to see. Glad to hear the guy walked away, that roof looks pretty crushed. I went to the Indiana event about a month ago and there was a TT Gallardo there, it was actually black as well. It hit 218 on one run and it really was one of the craziest things I've ever watched the way it shot forward on the back half. He also just foot braked it down, no chute. Wonder what's scarier, getting to that speed, or trying to slow it down with the limited pavement that's left.

coposrv

Established Member
Damn. That's a lot of money about to be scrapped. Glad the drivers ok. Those are some serious speeds to wreck at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
Turn it over to insurance avoiding a deer?

It's very difficult to claim these cars on normal insurance like that with all of the media attention these 1/2 mile events get. Luckily you can insure these cars on racetracks now with special policies, and can have agreed values that will cover the mods.

Last edited:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
It's very difficult to claim these cars on normal insurance like that with all of the media attention these 1/2 mile events get. Luckily you can insure these cars on racetracks now with special policies, and can have agreed values that will cover the mods.

All cars? What companies offer that insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hard to believe the driver walked away unhurt seeing that crushed roof. :eek:

blue 07

Established Member
That's gonna leave a mark, in his underwear ! Glad he's ok

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
This is the 2nd Lambo IIRC that has flipped over like this at these events. Granted the last one was a few years ago I thought? Glad the driver was okay!

Potro-5XR

Established Member
I took my Roush 5XR to this event and that lambo flipping was crazy! But he did walk out unharmed from what I heard. What I did not like about that track was the traction was NOT good.

Jefe

Established Member
Damn!

This green UGR Lambo caught on fire in AZ last year

[video=youtube;R2jkgf39x1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2jkgf39x1o[/video]

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This is the 2nd Lambo IIRC that has flipped over like this at these events. Granted the last one was a few years ago I thought? Glad the driver was okay!

That would be the UGR TT Gallardo crash at the Texas mile, that one was pretty gnarly too, was surprised to see the guy walk away.

[video=youtube;yS1NU6xjTSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1NU6xjTSY[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread