Dale Earnhardt Sr.

randoo

Established Member
Nascar inducted the first 5 to the hall of fame and the list is impressive..Bill France Sr. and jr., Richard Petty, Jr Johnson and Mr. Dale Earnhardt.
It's been years but I still miss watching him race..IMO he was truely THE best.:burnout:

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
i wasn't big fan of NASCAR at the time, but yeah, it didn't look that bad to me either at the time. but after i watched it couple of times on replays & by watching schraders' interview i knew it wasn't good. you could tell by kennys reaction to questions that he was upset.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
agreed.

i remember watching that crash on tv live. didn't think it was that bad at the time.

nope, doesnt take much, especially when it comes to brain trauma.

Thats why they have the new restraint systems that keeps the drivers head relatively stable even in some of the most extreme crashes, nobody has really been injured in quite some time, hell likely since Sr's crash. Not to mention the CoT is just way more safer and stronger than the last gen cars.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
He was good.
With the rules the way they are today I doubt Earnhardt would be so dominant.
He bumped the competition out of the way for many of his wins. That BS no longer flies.
Jeff

randoo

Established Member
NASCAR has done a great job in the safety factor since Dale's death but It's so unfortunate that something that traggic has to happen for rules to be implicated.

randoo

Established Member
He was good.
With the rules the way they are today I doubt Earnhardt would be so dominant.
He bumped the competition out of the way for many of his wins. That BS no longer flies.
Jeff

Being a fan...disagree. If he was still around and racing I would have to bet that racing would not be as strict. He had a huge influence on the way Nascar ran there ship.

DARK GEARS

Banned
I remember watching that race. I have it recorded on VHS. I think I hit record by mistake and it captured the entire wreck right as it happened. Didn't look so bad, but let him RIP.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
What strikes me as odd is Dale is so great and had so much talent with the ability to drive the wheels off anything. But non of his kids have 1oz of talent and couldnt drive a big wheel to the mail box and back. Way to go JR if it wasnt for your last name youd be another Kenny Wallace.

Users who are viewing this thread