Daily driver?....

rexisme

Established Member
What would be a good daily driver for around 10-15k(favoring more towards 10K)? I live in NW Indiana, I drove my cobra a total of probably 800 miles this year. I was going to trade it in for a really good deal. But, the dealership tried to switch the deal at the last moment.

Really long story, to sum it up, we agreed on a deal. They sent paperwork to my bank, my bank cut a check. When I got there (2.5 hr drive) they tried to change the deal by $2.5k, I told them that the car rode on drag radials and I didnt drive it in the rain. When I got there a downpour started. To quote them, "this car sucks in the rain?" I said yes, they said "well, with the winter coming, we might not be able to get rid of this car so I dont want to take it on trade." Then they came and said that they could do the deal for $2.5k more. So, naturally I told them to **** OFF, and drove 40mph home, taking roads that no traffic were on. Took me 6 hours to get home.

I had a awesome D.D. (2004 nissan pathfinder LE, platinum edition) that I let go for a dirt cheap price ($11.5k w / 50k miles) because I thought I was getting rid of the cobra and would be able to consolidate down to one car. In order to get back into another pathfinder like mine, it would be around $15k. So what other cars in that price range do any of you suggest?

It must fit these qualities
-drive all year round in any weather
-be between $10-15k ( I could go higher but, I dont want to put my money on it)
-be dependable
-it will take me to and from work and be nice enough to drive somewhere and not have the gf embarassed to get out of.
-hopefully have a warranty.

So far, I have on my list
- VW Jetta
-Nissan pathfinder
-wrx
-f-150
-Passat

That is all right now and all this is if I decide to keep my cobra. I have another dealer that is offering me a pretty good chunk of money for it. But, as in the other posts, I drive this car and can't seem to part with it. I absolutely love it, it is like a drug. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

rexisme

Established Member
....Honda Accord is my DD...great cars!

I was looking at those as well. I just listed the cars I favored. My neighbor actually just picked up a new white accord and had it tinted. Nice looking car, from my driveway at least. It is funny you mentioned that because my neighbor across the street was like, "get accord like Mike's or a civic, dont get rid of that cobra, you know you will miss it and buy another."

They have all been my neighbors since I was 16 and have seen me go through 12 cars in 10 years.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
not to sound bias, but marauders are pretty damn cheap! I drove mine last winter with bald BFG KDWS's and had no problems getting around. Of course if you put on CVPI steelies w/ snow tires the car is a tank in the snow...

You could definitely get a nice one for 10-15 grand

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I was looking at those as well. I just listed the cars I favored. My neighbor actually just picked up a new white accord and had it tinted. Nice looking car, from my driveway at least. It is funny you mentioned that because my neighbor across the street was like, "get accord like Mike's or a civic, dont get rid of that cobra, you know you will miss it and buy another."

They have all been my neighbors since I was 16 and have seen me go through 12 cars in 10 years.

...Another nice part is that the Honda hold there value real well!! :thumbsup:

Mystic04SVT

Established Member
driving a 99 honda with 221k on it as my dd and that damn thing still purs like a kitten. I would buy another honda in a heartbeat

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
used honda pilot or CRV with some highway miles. can get in 4x4. look on craigslist. I see an 04 crv in Spencer AWD with 35k miles for $13k

Last edited:

Ryushin

Established Member
Go to a book store and pick up Consumer Reports Used Car Buying Guide. It breaks out every car for the last seven years or so. It will be a big eye opener. Cars such as VW, Audi, Chevrolet, etc. show very poor build quality. Toyota has recently slipped a lot in build quality. For current build quality the best seems to be Honda. Even Ford's quality has greatly improved and they expect it to surpass Toyota soon and become the number 2 in build quality in a couple of years. Personally, my daily driver would be an AWD/4WD vehicle. I'd probably look at Subaru or a Nissan X-Terra.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I love our Accord, but a buddy of mine just picked up an 06 Trailblazer and its pretty nice, and practical for the snow we get.

Just a thought.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I love our Accord, but a buddy of mine just picked up an 06 Trailblazer and its pretty nice, and practical for the snow we get.

Just a thought.

Exactly! I'm trying to get ride of my '98 Blazer for a Trailblazer. I had one as a rental for a couple months in Vegas last year, it was probably one of the smoothest riding vehicles i've ever driven. The 4.2L I6 is a great motor with plenty of power and gets decent gas mileage ( I averaged ~20mpg with a 4x4). I want one in either black or dark grey.

Last edited:

03cobra#116

Established Member
Have you thought of an AWD Charger?

My Cobra was my daily driver for more than 7 years, now it's for special times and I have a Charger R/T as a daily driver.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
1998 toyota rav4 awd here. not a bad a little truck..or car.. or whatever still cant figure it out whatever it is. fun to drive and good in bad weather!

its my first toyota and in mint condition i suppose it will last for a long time from what i hear about them :)

kev2369

Established Member
I drive a bone stock 89 1/2 fox body as a dd... 5.0 5 speed... Still has cats and factory air box... Ashtray door even works :) ... She still gets about 20 mpg...

hotcobra03

Established Member
daily driver

we moved from new jersey to south texas ,our cobra now is a daily driver,

the best car i had up there was an audi 5000s diesel.small front wheel drive,43mpg,heated seats,good radio,,,

good luck though finding some thing the gf will be happy in after crusin in a cobra

Users who are viewing this thread