Daigo Saito's C6R FD car on dyno

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My buddy Jun hit me up today and asked if I had seen their newest build which I had just seen yesterday. He told me how the build went and that they only had 3mo from start to finish to do make this happen as it is a collaboration between Toyota and Gazoo Racing, HKS, and Daigo's own team and his main sponsor Monster. He said it was incredibly difficult landing all the parts needed that would actually fit. No one has parts ready yet for the new Supra, but because the car has been around since 2015 they bad all the specs and measurements to help them line up parts and for companies to make specialty parts with info they gave them.

As for the motor, it is a proper 2JZ that is Daigo's own build and according to my friend it is probably low on power at 900whp. He said with the rush he doesn't feel they got as much out of it as they could have. Being such a small car though this thing will rip!

Screenshot_20190311-185314_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20190311-185319_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20190311-185308_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20190311-185328_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20190311-185334_Brave.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Absolutely sick. Do you think your buddy would send better pics of the interior cage work? Really any interior pics would be cool.

I will ask him a little later today. Daigo posted a video of it testing last night and it sounded pretty good obviously. One thing I was surprised about was the size. I asked him if it was small like a BRZ and he said no and that it is about the size of an R8 maybe. I asked him if he knew the weight and he said when they got the car they got the complete body but HKS had it before that and took the engine out of it so they could start testing it for developing parts.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
@svtfocus2cobra when I go back to Japan in a few years, I'm gonna need a SVTP hookup on a ride in that Supra or Vette!

Digging up old photos from JapanJam 2018 relevant to this thread

View attachment 1557876

View attachment 1557877

That Vette is still one of the baddest cars out there running!

Just let me know and I'll ask, I don't mind. I don't know Daigo that well because he doesn't speak English and I don't speak Japanese but Jun is a really good friend of mine, and he is obviously really close to Daigo being his team manager. I imagine I could get you in somewhere though. Last event we went to we walked around and BS'd with the drivers and crew, and he actually got Vaughn Gittin Jr to show me the engine of his Mustang and talk about it. It made me feel like a 10 year old kid because I didn't really are to see it but he asked him like I was some kid who was obsessed with Jr and Mustangs lol.

Users who are viewing this thread