D1X Corvette| Kong ZR1| N20/D1SC Corvette| F1C Grand Sport|Paxton 5.0| McLaren| Supra

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, the one that had bumps at the shutdown? Being facetious here.

In all fairness, I see more carnage at the track versus on the street.

Yep! That one! Or the one where the two old dudes took a Demon off-roading at 180mph.

Of course you do. At the track people are driving at nine tenths and are pushing every part on the car to the limit. On the street, only a few idiots try to do that.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Yep! That one! Or the one where the two old dudes took a Demon off-roading at 180mph.

Of course you do. At the track people are driving at nine tenths and are pushing every part on the car to the limit. On the street, only a few idiots try to do that.

I'm speaking strictly drag racing here. Track prep anymore is shit. Especially with any amount of power. I would bet and argue anyone into drag racing puts forth as much effort on the street as they do at the strip.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm speaking strictly drag racing here. Track prep anymore is shit. Especially with any amount of power. I would bet and argue anyone into drag racing puts forth as much effort on the street as they do at the strip.

So...put forth as much effort on a city/county/state maintained road compared to a drag strip? My point exactly. Extremely dangerous.

giphy.gif

As far as I'm concerned, I understand every time I put my car on the track I risk hurting myself, hurting my car, someone else on the track hurting me...etc. I SHOULD NOT have to feel that way when I jump on the highway for my daily commute.

Kiohtee

Established Member
So...put forth as much effort on a city/county/state maintained road compared to a drag strip? My point exactly. Extremely dangerous.

View attachment 1518219

As far as I'm concerned, I understand every time I put my car on the track I risk hurting myself, hurting my car, someone else on the track hurting me...etc. I SHOULD NOT have to feel that way when I jump on the highway for my daily commute.

I absolutely, 100%, unequivocally agree with you Nick. Just in case there's any doubt. Heck, look at my very first post in this thread. There is never a good excuse for racing around the general public. Ever.

I'm just saying that I've seen a lot of tore up cars (street cars, racecars, it doesn't matter) because of shitty track prep. I would rather see deserted 60 rolls than a guy crunch his shit from a dig because Phil the hillbilly can't prep a track.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I absolutely, 100%, unequivocally agree with you Nick. Just in case there's any doubt. Heck, look at my very first post in this thread. There is never a good excuse for racing around the general public. Ever.

I'm just saying that I've seen a lot of tore up cars (street cars, racecars, it doesn't matter) because of shitty track prep. I would rather see deserted 60 rolls than a guy crunch his shit from a dig because Phil the hillbilly can't prep a track.

If there's 0 cars around and you're only putting your life at risk, I don't have a problem with it.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Good runs man ! I see that there are still a lot of snowflakes on here lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Around 2:00 I stopped watching.

Road seemed relatively clear...until that bullshit.

We can watch 300 of these videos until the one time you/someone else smokes a family, then everyone sends their condolences and well wishes to everyone involved.

I don’t give a **** what kind of forum this is posted on, it’s beyond inbred levels of stupidity.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Run into a member of my family doing that stupid shit and I'll show you where that shoe will go.

Hey I don’t condone street racing but it’s going to happen . But its no reason to come on OPs thread and cry about it . Not one of us on here can say we haven’t street raced before .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Poppacapp

Established Member
So the usual naysayer noise... typically ignored because it will not change anything.

Yes racing should be done in a late night very low traffic situation. Most try to do that. The ones that whine just to whine... well... keep whining.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Considering the entire situation of that day and the fact that my family was on that road not long before them you are damn straight I'll cry about it.
Take it to a dark country road somewhere. That's what we did.
Not on the interstate on a Saturday night in New Orleans.

Machdup1

Established Member
Oh, the one that had bumps at the shutdown? Being facetious here.

In all fairness, I see more carnage at the track versus on the street.
How many non-participants do you see injured at the track?

Detoxx and the others wanted to play and they did not stop their fun when conditions were wrong. Risking your own life is a choice, risking the lives of others is an unacceptable choice.

Users who are viewing this thread