d1sc spool up

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
For the money you will be better like everyone is saying to go with the D1SC now. You can control your boost level with your pulley size. I had a buddy that was running a F1A on his stock 03 GT 2v. If you are planning on building your bottom end later you will already have a more efficient blower to work with. Just make sure you go with a good tuner! :beer:

The thing I really like about the prochargers is that many of them have the same external case dimensions. A D1SC, F1A, P1SC and P1SC2 are all interchangeable. Although, I think a bracket upgrade would be a wise choice being that I have belt slip and bracket flex issues with only 10LBS of boost. Even with a brace that bolts to the alternator bracket. Im sure if I bolted an F1A up, it would be ok until I really cranked the boost beyond the capacity of the P1.

Homer

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
The thing I really like about the prochargers is that many of them have the same external case dimensions. A D1SC, F1A, P1SC and P1SC2 are all interchangeable. Although, I think a bracket upgrade would be a wise choice being that I have belt slip and bracket flex issues with only 10LBS of boost. Even with a brace that bolts to the alternator bracket. Im sure if I bolted an F1A up, it would be ok until I really cranked the boost beyond the capacity of the P1.

Homer

I just replaced my 90,000 + miles P1SC because the bearings were shot. The good thing is I replaced it before it grenaded the turbine. I just bought a used low mileage P1SC-2 from a guy on Corral. The difference I have noticed so far is the inlet case sticks out a little be more and it seems to be a little quieter than my old P1SC. :thumbsup:

totheduals

Established Member
Thought I read that the P1sc is good for like 20lbs of boost? or 800hp?
Unless your going to push over 600rwhp wouldn't a P1sc do LOTS!!!

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
no way would a p1 support 800 on our motors.

a d1 maxed out on our cars will give your between 550-720 rwhp depending on your other mods.

a p1 would maybe see 600ish on our motors.

totheduals

Established Member
Procharger's web site says the P1SC is good for 30psi and 825hp???
Not sure if I undersand that completly.
With a built 4.6L and oh lets say 18-20psi, wouldn't that make like 600-700rwhp. And if procharger says its good till 30psi why would you need the D1SC when max boost on it is only 2psi more??
Just trying to understand how this Supercharger business works.
Please don't flame me!

SpittingCobra

Established Member
With a built 4.6L and oh lets say 18-20psi, wouldn't that make like 600-700rwhp. And if procharger says its good till 30psi why would you need the D1SC when max boost on it is only 2psi more??
Please don't flame me!

psi that the blower can create on a flow bench, is different than measured psi on the car (which is manifold backpressure). The backpressure depends on a few factors, atmospheric pressure (altitude), cam timing, engine displacement, exhaust scavenging. In other words, if you add a less restrictive exhaust, you will see lower psi on you boost gauge, but you are still moving the same cfm of air through the blower, it's just not as backed up by the motor. If you have a larger ci displacement, then you see less pressure as well. If you put the P1SC on a 2.5L honda or something it would make alot more psi than it does on a 4.6L mustang. Head porting will also lower the psi. People on the net always reference hp to psi and make a comparison that way. There are too many other factors involved to make assumptions based on psi alone.

totheduals

Established Member
So a 4.6 with basic bolt ons and a P1SC. What would be the max PSI you could get out of the P1SC vs the D1SC?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
max psi before you overspin the blower should be about 15psi depending on mods. Depending on the car, you might max it out around 550. Thats with an 8rib setup and a 2.95 pulley. The problem is that the harder you spin the blower the more heat you create. The more heat, the less power per psi

you can get another 4-5psi out of the d1 but it will get into boost faster.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Please don't flame me!

did you not see my dyno graph?

my numbers are kinda low for 19.25 psi but it is what it is.
we have small motors. i was also over spinning the D1sc on a 9.1:1 compression motor.
those bench tests our done on motors that will make thier blowers look god sent. hell its probably tested on a 460ci motor with 10.5:1 compression, thats how they get those great numbers.

our little 4.6's just will never put out those kinda numbers.

if your looking for over 650 rwhp on our cars you have to go with a F1 or turbo/s or a big roots style.

SVTContique

To be honest after a certain point superchargers become more problematic than turbos.

Belt slip at higher boost levels and snapping belts is very annoying.

crazystang25

Established Member
ya my only thing is i wont be pushin mad hp right now, and i would like pretty good spool, (boost generation so noone gets confused thats what we refer to at home regardless of blower or turbo). anyone tell me when the p1 and d1 start to spool and when they are reaching full boost. also anyone ever ran boost on a head that had a perma plug or timesert kit installed for a blow out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread