d1sc spool up

crazystang25

Established Member
just a question, i gotta 2000 gt and was wondering if the d1sc would be to big for my car, from what i have been reading on prochargers website i think the d1sc will be to big for my car at the current moment. it doesnt have much done to the motor, just a 9 in. with 3.70's and a lot of suspension. i was lookin at a p1sc which i think will be better for mine. never really dealt with centri's so these are a little new to me

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
centri's dont spool how you think...it depends on RPM ....so you will see max HP/boost at redline both D1SC and P1SC will be fine for you

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I suggest you go with the D1SC. Its what I have and I can tell you the sound and power are awesome! It shouldn't be too much for you car and if you plan on making lots of power then you will need at least a D1SC. But the question is what is your goal with yor car? Because if you don't really plan on making more than 400-450 hp then go with the P1SC mostly because it will generate boost a little lower in the rpm range than the D1SC but boost for boost the D1SC>PISC.

mustanginky

Established Member
I have a P1, however, I would get a D1 if it came up for the same price I got mine for. You can throw a larger pulley on there to make up for you having a stock engine. Then you've got plenty of room to upgrade when you get a built engine. Either way, the prochargers are nice. The P1 is a good street blower, and the D1 is better for track/street use. There's just more room for improvement.

crazystang25

Established Member
I suggest you go with the D1SC. Its what I have and I can tell you the sound and power are awesome! It shouldn't be too much for you car and if you plan on making lots of power then you will need at least a D1SC. But the question is what is your goal with yor car? Because if you don't really plan on making more than 400-450 hp then go with the P1SC mostly because it will generate boost a little lower in the rpm range than the D1SC but boost for boost the D1SC>PISC.

but for the time being i wont be makin a lot of hp. just plannin on runnin around 8 lbs until i can get the block rebuilt hopefully sometime in the next 10-15k miles. besides i know my gears will help even more with hittin boost faster.

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
but for the time being i wont be makin a lot of hp. just plannin on runnin around 8 lbs until i can get the block rebuilt hopefully sometime in the next 10-15k miles. besides i know my gears will help even more with hittin boost faster.

shouldn't matter. I beleive the D1-sc upgrade is like 300 bucks more or something if you do it when you buy the kit. if you wait it will be $1375 to upgrade later. The d1 flows 200cfm more and can make more boost with a larger or same size pulley as the p1. that helps from running into belt slipping issues sooner than need be. there is no reason not to get a d1 from the start unless they don't do the upgrade cost on the p1 kit anymore.

crazystang25

Established Member
also another thing i have been looking at too is i have a 107,### miles on it but it still pulls strong as hell. do yall think it will be good. i also had a blow out on #6 but repaired it correctly with a perma plug which is the same as a timesert kit.

20stang02

Established Member
shouldn't matter. I beleive the D1-sc upgrade is like 300 bucks more or something if you do it when you buy the kit. if you wait it will be $1375 to upgrade later. The d1 flows 200cfm more and can make more boost with a larger or same size pulley as the p1. that helps from running into belt slipping issues sooner than need be. there is no reason not to get a d1 from the start unless they don't do the upgrade cost on the p1 kit anymore.

+1 Exactly:beer:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I agree with the rest of the bunch. If you have the opportunity, go with the D1SC. I've installed a D1 and a sheet metal intercooler on a GT before, and it's a great starting point. It has a different gear reduction than the P1SC, so you don't need as small of a pulley to make the same amount of boost, thereby maximizing belt contact with the pulley and reducing slippage. It's a good start for a GT, and when you're ready to go forged, you'll be able to make some serious power with the D1 without it being the next bottleneck in the system that needs to be upgraded.

Good luck. You'll like that D1. I wish I had started out with it.

Homer

SVTContique

Does anyone know if a D1SC will make more boost down low than a P1SC with the same pully?

Is there any sense in upgrading if you have a stock motor?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I have a P1 and stock internals as well, and I don't think it's worth it to upgrade to the D1 yet. I thought about it a few times, but it's easy to far surpass the HP limit of the factory internals with even a P1 blower. I don't think im going to upgrade anytime soon. Not until after I ever have forged internals. I just think the $1,200 bucks or whatever it costs to upgrade the head unit is better spent elsewhere (like saving up for forged internals).

I have a good buddy, however, who made 569HP to the wheels with a stock 01 cobra and a D1 blower. And get this... the motor lasted.

Homer

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I have a P1 and stock internals as well, and I don't think it's worth it to upgrade to the D1 yet. I thought about it a few times, but it's easy to far surpass the HP limit of the factory internals with even a P1 blower. I don't think im going to upgrade anytime soon. Not until after I ever have forged internals. I just think the $1,200 bucks or whatever it costs to upgrade the head unit is better spent elsewhere (like saving up for forged internals).

I have a good buddy, however, who made 569HP to the wheels with a stock 01 cobra and a D1 blower. And get this... the motor lasted.

Homer

What?! Thats incredible. Is it still together in stock shortblock form?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
What?! Thats incredible. Is it still together in stock shortblock form?

My friend Brian who owned the car kept the D1 blower on it for a few months, but took it off and sold the head unit. The motor still runs just fine (in NA form).

Im making 450WHP with my P1 and stock aviator internals, and it still runs fine. (on a much more conservative tune, I might add)

Homer

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
here is my old dyno graph for my old D1sc
you will be just fine with the D1, if you plan on making decent numbers and not be an all out race car, then the d1 is a great choice.
boost data log on the bottom.
jeremydrank1.jpg

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
ok looks like i will be doin the d1sc

For the money you will be better like everyone is saying to go with the D1SC now. You can control your boost level with your pulley size. I had a buddy that was running a F1A on his stock 03 GT 2v. If you are planning on building your bottom end later you will already have a more efficient blower to work with. Just make sure you go with a good tuner! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread