D1SC LS1 Camaro vs P1SC BOSS

GR8GAME

Established Member
This will be going down tonight.

Any predictions? I got in touch with the guy in the BOSS through a GTR that I'll be racing next week. He said that the BOSS has 630hp.

I got in contact with the owner of the mustang and was informed that he is running a P1SC Procharger on 7#s. I'm not sure if the 630HP equates, but I'm ready to find out.

This will be my first run since my most recent tune on the Camaro. I'm running a stock bottom end LS1 with 317 truck heads and duals springs. My cam is a 221/227 @115LSA. I also have Kooks 1 3/4LTs. I'm on 10#s with lowered compression.

Does anyone know how these things run with boost?

HERE'S THE STORY:

Well the race went exactly as I expected (being the confident asshole that I am).

I met up with the guy and his friend, who were cool people. He's juiced about his car, but not as much as his friend is. I had another buddy meet up with us in his H/C/I/E Firebird Formula as well. We all met up at a Chevron and BS'd about cars for about an hour before I said it was time to get down to business.

We were on a street that is approximately 1 mile and perfectly straight 4 lanes with a center emergency lane. I asked what race he wanted to run because I saw that he was on some brand new 305 Nitto DRs, while I'm on my treadless M/T ET Street 295s. He told me that he was looking for a 35 roll since it was so cold out (40-45 degrees). I let him know that won't be a problem but he will have to honk due to me not having my horn plugged in.

Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C-FIV8W1A0&feature=youtu.be
Modded GTR coming soon...

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
They run FREAKIN awesome. Go look on YouTube for yourself. 630 rear wheel at 7#'s, Eehh I doubt that maybe more like high 5xxrwhp.

What kinda power you makin OP? I think it'll be a close race, with the coyote coming out on the top end. Please get video:beer:

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I'm around 600...

Well I change my vote for you beating the BOSS, but I still think it'll be close. Dig I think you got em allday, so the roll runs will be more of an interesting scenario.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
This will be going down tonight.

Any predictions? I got in touch with the guy in the BOSS through a GTR that I'll be racing next week. He said that the BOSS has 630hp.

I got in contact with the owner of the mustang and was informed that he is running a P1SC Procharger on 7#s. I'm not sure if the 630HP equates, but I'm ready to find out.

This will be my first run since my most recent tune on the Camaro. I'm running a stock bottom end LS1 with 317 truck heads and duals springs. My cam is a 221/227 @115LSA. I also have Kooks 1 3/4LTs. I'm on 11#s with lowered compression.

Does anyone know how these things run with boost?

better be a good video of this AND NOT ONE FROM BEHIND THE RACE!!!!

GR8GAME

Established Member
I'll setup all my GoPros for it. Lol

It'll be my first test of the Hero3's that I got. I'll put those outside the car since I can CONTROL THEM WITH MY IPHONE NOW! Haha

GR8GAME

Established Member
I've been trying to find people in my area to run for a LONG time. He's from the bay but lives up here now.

If anyone else is in the area HIT ME UP. I got my procharged C5Z if the camaro is too much...

Evil6.0

Established Member
I always bet on the LS car. ;)

On a real note, those coyote motors are strong. It will be a close one I'd imagine. I'd give the advantage to the guy with better tires.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I was making 602/480 SAE corrected with 6.5 psi huffing through a Novi 2200SL on a DynoJet, that was at 6500 ft elevation. The BOSS numbers are very believable. If the owner knows how to drive and has a good set of tires you're looking at a 10 second car, at the worst low 11s.
If it is a stock Boss motor and an unmodified head unit or IC, expect him to be somewhere North of 600 at the wheels. Not sure what your Chevy runs, but expect a good race.
Either way, be safe and get videos!

stang910

Established Member
630 sounds very reasonable. I see 12psi and I'm well north of 700rwhp. I say the Boss falls behind on the hit, but makes up for it on the big end.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I'll setup all my GoPros for it. Lol

It'll be my first test of the Hero3's that I got. I'll put those outside the car since I can CONTROL THEM WITH MY IPHONE NOW! Haha

Can't wait to watch. I'm going to pick up my Hero 3 tomorrow and I wanna see how good quality it is for racing videos

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I was making 602/480 SAE corrected with 6.5 psi huffing through a Novi 2200SL on a DynoJet, that was at 6500 ft elevation. The BOSS numbers are very believable. If the owner knows how to drive and has a good set of tires you're looking at a 10 second car, at the worst low 11s.
If it is a stock Boss motor and an unmodified head unit or IC, expect him to be somewhere North of 600 at the wheels. Not sure what your Chevy runs, but expect a good race.

630 sounds very reasonable. I see 12psi and I'm well north of 700rwhp. I say the Boss falls behind on the hit, but makes up for it on the big end.

Well there ya go. 2 owners will know better than me for sure lol. Be safe and don't forget VIDEOS OP lol.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Those videos better be getting edited right now or just say F it and give us the raw version.:beer:

Pntbll309

Established Member

If your numbers were sae corrected then altitude makes no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread