"D-Day" Airborne jump w/ American Flags Donation

Nukem1040

Established Member
Hello my fellow SVTPers! I will be participating in a once in a lifetime annual event in Normandy, France. I will be jumping into Utah Beach during “D-Day” and a surprise drop zone on June 6th, 2013. I am paying 200 € (euros) each jump. We will have quite a few travel expenses since we are traveling from Germany. We are renting tents, sleeping on cots (we don’t mind of course) and eating MRE’s to save costs.
For those of you who have a Grandfather or Great Grandfather that jumped and fought during WWII, this could be the best gift to the family. I am offering to purchase and jump an American Flag that will include a fancy 173rd Airborne certificate of authenticity signed by myself and the Jumpmaster of that chalk. Pictures will include us signing the certificate, the folding of the flag, before the jump with us rigged up, after the jump on the drop zone (if light permits because it’s a 2000 TOT) . The donation will also include a frame for the certificate and mailed to your choice of address. I will jump once each day and can hold 1 flag in each cargo pocket for a total of 4 flags, however I am jumping 1 for myself. That leaves 1 flag for Utah beach and 2 flags for the “Surprise DZ”. I am starting an offering at $75 OBO. It will cost roughly $20 for each flag(unit has zero to give away), $7 for the certificate frame, $20 to mail the box and the rest helps with the cost of the jumps, van, and fuel.
Disclaimer is your flag MAY get dirty/wet while in my pocket if I land on the beach and/or water.

This is in no way related to my unit or the U.S Army. This is a personal donation for what I love to do and offer something to those whos family member served there and will be remembered forever.
Please PM with donation offers.

Thank you:beer:

Last edited:

Nukem1040

Established Member
Let me add to what Deceptive asked.
I have my own (Bad ass) 173rd certificates.
If you have one done up already, email it to me, I will print that, and use yours.
We have to figure a way to fold the certificates to have it signed on spot and then jump with them. I'm thinking a waterproof case to protect them. If you don't want it folded, I can't guarantee I can get pics of Jumpmaster signing it etc. All the more authenticity.

KEEP IN MIND, MY GROUP AND I CAN ONLY JUMP SO MANY FLAGS. I WILL TRY FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, BUT WILL NOT TURN AWAY THE BEST OFFER.
UTAH BEACH WILL TAKE THE BEST OFFERS, ALL $75 OFFERS WILL GET THE "SUPRISE JUMP".

Last edited:

BossLady82

Established Member
Very cool!! I'm in the 82nd and would love the opportunity to do what your doing. You'll be in my prayers. Keep your feet and knees together!

Nukem1040

Established Member
Thank you everyone. I served in 82nd too from '00-'03. I know they used to fly 82nd and 101st guys over to do jumps and reenactment, but because of budget cuts, they are no longer doing this. Sad news for a tradition of history, but what can you do? I can't wait.

Nukem1040

Established Member
I am requesting full payments by May 15th to lock those personnel in, If I don't receive the money in my Paypal, you will be a scratch and the next person is in line.

Last edited:

FSSNK

Established Member
This is interesting. My grandfather jumped with the 505th on D Day and the flag would make a great addition to my collection of his things from WW2. I will send a PM.

Nukem1040

Established Member
Wow, a big thank you to your grandfather's service! 505th is a highly decorated unit. I served with 319AFAR so I know all about them. I may post a peak at the certificate I'm having signed. Ties right in with the event. I'll talk to you soon FSSNK

Nukem1040

Established Member
Bump for the weekend. A lot of PMs with questions (I don't mind) and a few locked in. You have till May 15th to donate. You can send your mailing address too as I put my list together.

Nukem1040

Established Member
Here is what the certificate looks like. Your name will be in the center. My name will be on the be on the bottom along with a Jumpmaster. The American and French flag will be on the bottom. So when you pay, you tell me whos name to put in the certificate.

photo_zps6a3c69aa.jpg

usaf_eagle

Established Member
I'd pay extra to remove the French flag. Lol. Cool deal though OP. I fly flags like this over Afghanistan as well during deployments. They're really neat keepsakes. I highly recommend getting one of these flags.

Nukem1040

Established Member
bump for the week, a lot of interest, but not many follow throughs

Nukem1040

Established Member
I just logged in. There is nothing pending from you. Do you want me to send you a request from my paypal?

krman68

Established Member
Congrats to you SVT. A great gesture to recognize the sacrifices and dedication og the Greatest Generation !

My Dad, rest his soul, was in the Army Air Corp on that day. Flying a B-26

Nukem1040

Established Member
Thank you KR. I thought it was a great idea and great for those families who's grandfathers served.
Thank you to your dad for serving and especially on that day!
Let me know if you would like to get dibs on one of the flags.
Can't help but notice your Stable. I envy your collection!

Users who are viewing this thread