D&D sucks (rant)

Big_Torch

Banned
no bearing on my input shaft, wish i would have hunted around longer for a liberty piece b.c d&d sucks!

this is what happens when your trying to get something done too fast, you run into crappy people who dont give you what you need.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Even the best shops occasionally make a mistake. Wait and see how they handle fixing the problem first.

Big_Torch

Banned
I dont need to let d&d try and fix it, My good man above always seems to be able to deliver in a crunch!

It was just interesting how the same thing happened to a guy who posted on "the other site" also.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Is it SUPPOSED to come with a bearing? It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't think it did! Is it advertised that way?

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Big_Torch said:
It was just interesting how the same thing happened to a guy who posted on "the other site" also.

You're probably referring to me...

It DOESN'T come with a bearing. Read the website...I made the same assumptive mistake.

If you're going to bitch about D & D you should be saying that 300 dollars gets you a reground viper 26 spline... while liberty sends you a 26 spline + bearing + shim kit for 260. Thats how I bitch about them...

Last edited:

Big_Torch

Banned
50 BMG said:
You're probably referring to me...

It DOESN'T come with a bearing. Read the website...I made the same assumptive mistake.

If you're going to bitch about D & D you should be saying that 300 dollars gets you a reground viper 26 spline... while liberty sends you a 26 spline + bearing + shim kit for 260. Thats how I bitch about them...

I stand corrected D&D sucks for the reason above

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
buy from Liberty's Gears...nice people with great products and service :thumbsup:

early in 2003, I gave my T-56 to Craig Liberty so that they could develop this part for us and I'm still running that first prototype shaft with no problems

kudos go to Doug@Billetflow for the idea :beer:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Now wait a minute guys. I am probably the biggest proponent of Liberty on this site. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with them for trannys for my stock eliminator cars. I consider them the best supplier of performance transmissions in the world...and I have NEVER broke one of their nickel transmissions. That being said, Walsh is also a stand up guy who builds great products that live and perform. They tend to market to a different crowd than Liberty does. But in this case, they crossover. Just because the Walsh shaft is more expensive than the Liberty shaft doesn't make him "suck". It's the way they have chosen to go to market. YOU make the choice on the product you want and what fits your needs and budget. Personally, I would take the Liberty every time, but I wouldn't be afraid of the D & D one bit. It's a high quality piece.

Users who are viewing this thread