Cutting coupe springs on a vert...how much 1/2 Coil?

cbehr

Established Member
So I've read about every thread on here I can find but there really are only a couple pertaining to cutting coupe springs on a vert and they are from 2006-2008 and most of pictures won't load anymore.

With that being said it seems due to the increased weight of a vert a 1/2 coil is what most were doing stating 3/4 was close to "too much" of a drop...however I read a couple people stating a full coil in the front an 3/4 in the back was perfect.

I'm thinking of starting with 1/2 coil all around and let it sit a few weeks then take more off if necessary but I'd REALLY only like to do it once.

Thoughts? Oh, 17" factory wheels with 10.5"s in the rear, car is my DD in summer months.

Dombrocj

Established Member
For what it's worth I cut 1/2 coil and removed front isos on my coupe last year and it came down more than I thought it would. I'm on 18s tho.
23d2a3b7dd7300d6a126d3672aee88eb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Cut a half, drive it for a week and see. You can always take out more, just can’t add back. Don’t be afraid to cut them like a bunch say. I’m on cut springs for like 10 years.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My last Cobra was on cut springs for 10 years. I think the guy that bought it swapped them because he was going for a more drag oriented set up.

Users who are viewing this thread