Cut spring install

mystic1996

Established Member
Well after doing some reading here i SVTP i decided to cut some stock springs and install them. Install was fairly easy. Here are pics on final product...not to happy with drop in front though. When I initially measured my stock ride height all for corners were different. Rear was about 28.5” and front was 27.875” …..Final height with ¾ cut springs was rear 26.875” and front was 27.25" Future plans include 18" wheels but bot sure which ones.
IMG_3370.jpg

stock ride height
IMG_3369.jpg

stock front ride height
IMG_3368.jpg

stock rear ride height
IMG_3371.jpg

3/4 cut vs. stock rears
IMG_3372.jpg

IRS dropped
IMG_3376.jpg

3/4 cut rear spring ride height
IMG_3377.jpg

3/4 cut front spring ride height
IMG_3378.jpg

3/4 cut springs all around

mystic1996

Established Member
thx guys, and true i could cut more which i think is probably going to happen. Going to drive it some more and see if it settles....this is my second mod so far. i pick up this beauty last Aug. w/ 5k miles and only had K&N Fipk .... a few months back i installed borla stinger and plans of pulley and tune in the next month or two.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Yeah, drive it some to see how much they settle. I cut mine 3/4 coil and I believe I'm sitting at 26.5" all around. Rear was 28.5" & front was 27.5" before.

beeradd

Established Member
I cut 1/2 coil all around and it honestly did not do a whole lot of difference. Maytbe 1/2 inch at best. But after driving it without any scraping I am happy, and it did eliminate the 4x4 look.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
I cut one full coil in the front and about 7/8 coil in the rear, looked perfect. And for your info, get or rent a spring compressor if you cut again, the rear springs come out without doing anything else to them, actually really easy. But like others have said, drive it a bit, it'll settle!! Mine settle about 1/4 inch in front or more.

Users who are viewing this thread