Cut radiator open ???!!!

mufullname

Established Member
Ok I order a new radiator and for the heck of it I cut the old ond open. Dddaamm seriously dirty. Take a look no wonder car was running around 200 215.
20190117_165644.jpeg
20190117_165634.jpeg

Sent from my LGMP450 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Car was running that temperature because that’s what the factory fan settings make it run. A bunch of us have revised our high/low speed settings along with a 170* thermostat.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Car was running that temperature because that’s what the factory fan settings make it run. A bunch of us have revised our high/low speed settings along with a 170* thermostat.

What he said. I think stock settings are 214° for low and 228° for high. Or somewhere around there.

mufullname

Established Member
From the pics he's posted, it's not even near bonestock. Probably does have a toon with revised fan settings.
It does have alot of stuff done to it. Buy back to radiator gunk. It is not oil. Does not feel like it nor smell like it. Buddy says yrs worth of gunk or radiator stop seal. Do you guys think it could gunk that much

Sent from my LGMP450 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Didn’t they come with some crap in the rads from the factory? I remember seeing that, and saw it in mine when I flushed and swapped the fluid out years ago.

cj428mach

Established Member
The oem radiators are supposedly the best options for our cars its a shame you cut yours up. The aftermarket ones have fitment issues and some complain they don't cool as well.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Not always. I had to revise mine myself.

Who tuned your car? Revising the fan speeds is about as elementary as it gets with a tune, even just an upper pulley car.

Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything. Any car that I would buy that had an unknown tune on it, I'd consider getting a second look from one of the reputable tuners around the industry. Fan speeds might be the least of the worries.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Did you have some of that crap coming out of the draincock? What made you think it was junked up like that inside?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Who tuned your car? Revising the fan speeds is about as elementary as it gets with a tune, even just an upper pulley car.

Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything. Any car that I would buy that had an unknown tune on it, I'd consider getting a second look from one of the reputable tuners around the industry. Fan speeds might be the least of the worries.
VMP, they did change them some, but I revised them more when I changed the stat. I think I followed the recommended settings from the 170* stat.

Users who are viewing this thread