Custom Wheel Barrels

JMoraru

Established Member
Ive done tons of searching and contacted several companies, but i decided to see if anyone has experience with repairing damaged 3 piece wheels. I have a 20" American Racing Shelby GT40 wheel that i need a new inner and outter barrel(counting on the center not being bent). I have found 2 sources that say they can probably fix them, but im somewhat sketch on them. Also, one wheel needs rechroming, should i send it out the wheel or just have a local shop make it work? Im considering trying to order the barrels and doing it myself, but im not sure how to check to make sure the center is true.

Does anyone have a lot of knowledge in the 3 piece rim world. Will a new barrel of the same size and bolt pattern match or do different manufacturers make different wheels.

Also, ive already contacted the manufacturer and they werent much help.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely thought you meant a wheel barrow.

product1.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
For the money you're going to spend shipping everything back/forth; can you not buy one new wheel and be done with it?

As far as chrome works; I've used these guys and they were great.

http://www.chromemasters.com/

Don't use Advanced Plating (also in TN).

Last edited:

JMoraru

Established Member
I found a shop im going to go through. No, unfortunately i cant just buy a new wheel because they dont make them anymore. Gonna ship the wheels out tomorrow and cross my fingers that the center piece isnt bent.

Users who are viewing this thread