custom SCT tune installed

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I just picked up my SCT X3 handheld with a custom tune from Jon Lund and installed about an hour ago. First impression...only drove about 15 minutes to go pick up a case of beer so not a lot of time behind the wheel but all the little bugs with the stock tune are gone. No more bog from a start, no more higher rpm hesitation, idles perfect, and feels like I may have gained a couple ponies.:dancenana: For the longest time I told myself I would not go crazy with mods but after some reading and seeing how everyone raved about a tune I decided to do it...glad I did. NOW I am done with the mods.;-)

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Makes a nice difference huh?

Keep track of your mileage too. Mine went up 2-3mph when I installed my Tune.

What other mods do you have? All I have is the Tune and Short Ram Intake.

CT SVT

Established Member
thats good news. i heard that the Xcal 3 has problems also focussport is not releasing there 2008 turbo kits because of xcal 3 problems. but i'm guessing theres no problem for the SVTF seen ur using it.

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have no idea how tuning works. So you have the Sct x3, I understand you plug it in and install the tune into the car. But how do you get the tune onto the Sct? Is it emailed then uploaded or something? Do you have to give details about your car before the tune is written? Sorry to be such a newb!

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I have no idea how tuning works. So you have the Sct x3, I understand you plug it in and install the tune into the car. But how do you get the tune onto the Sct? Is it emailed then uploaded or something? Do you have to give details about your car before the tune is written? Sorry to be such a newb!

Yes the tune is already on the X3...custom written by Jon....you just plug it into the OBD port under the fuse cover. It pulls out the stock tune and loads the custom tune in it's place, really simple. You just need to let Jon know what mods you have. If you are FI you may have to get it on a dyno, not sure. His website below, not much but you can get a hold of him via e-mail pretty easily.:thumbsup:

http://www.lundracing.com/

alohaSVTF

'02 Silver SVTF
Established Member

from my understanding it's not the tuner, but the tune itself. i'm pretty sure the x2 can carry same tune files as x3. sct tuners use usb to transfer tune files from your pc that can be emailed from a tuner/dealer. predators i believe use a serial type interface to connect to a pc. you will need the free software from either to transfer the files to the handheld tune flasher. so basically get a tuner with the svtf files on there already.

i just ordered an x2 from focus sport. should be delivered sometime this week. purchase the device and it includes a custom tune. i gave randy my ecu code/# and informed him if there were mods done to the vehicle. my case, no mods, stock. $379 + $40 for shipping since i'm here in hawaii. i think focus sport offers free continental 2day ups for their sct xcal2.

my 2cents anyway:dancenana:

FociSVT03

Established Member
I have a Lund Tune too I've only had it for about a week and so far I like it very much. I really couldent tell you if my MPGs have improved because I alwas got my foot in it. Mabey next tank of gas

FociSVT03

Established Member
Mind if i ask how much it ran you?? I'd like to get something....today i was cussing at the car b/c it bogs WAY too much in first gear.

It really would help you with that especialy when you turn off the traction control Jon rasies all the limits on it so it's essentialy off. But to be honest it theres no easy way to get get power down low in theses cars a light weight fly wheel would help it rev faster tho and a larger TB would make t way more responsive. The tune does a really good job tho and he has th ebest customer service

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Happy B-Day

Hey Focisvt03
Thanks for coming out for a few COLDIES:beer:
Looking forward to installing the new stuff on the way
Happy B-Day Buddy
Dad

Users who are viewing this thread