Custom paint ideas for my Mach...

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I'm keepin the hood the way it is now. And yes I'm painting the whole car because almost every panel got chipped

Got it. The hood stripe is classic Mach...so are the side stripes...but I never liked side stripes on any Mustang.

If you want to stay red... Mazda's True Red is about the best looking red I've seen. Brighter than Rio/Torch, but not as orange as Performance Red (like mine). A subtle change in red would make your Mach unique and you wouldn't have to sweat a complete repaint to a new color. I always thought when my Perf Red needs a refresh I would shoot a red tinted clear coat on it to subtley change the color and add depth...a kind of the change only a Mustang afficiando would recognize.

Other options for you...graphics like stripes (ugh) or ghost elements like stripes, flames, airbrush work, etc. Once you lose the side stripes you could do the hood stripe/panel in a darker or brighter shade of red instead of black for a subtle effect. You could also do a gradient color change top to bottom or front to back...but some of these effects ruin the lines of the car...IMHO.

(Yes....The red over black Mach noted above is quite awesome.)

built54

Established Member
I want to keep the same red on the car, just want to add something u know? I'm thinking a black roof, or do it like this and keep my hood the way it is now and don't put the side stripes back on ?

4b3ab83b-7e14-9f58.jpg

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I vinyl wrapped my roof, see sig.

I say you do a 2 tone, leave the red on the bottom, do black up top, but make the original mach hood stripe red.

Users who are viewing this thread