Current New Vehicle Market

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
This is why I don't have the Shelby that I desire, but my retirement is loaded lol. It will be my retirement gift to myself at 59.5 when I retire though. (Yes, I know, if I make it that long....)

I’m over 20 years from there. ( barely )

And I’m like… ****.. what will this world even be like in 20 years and will our money even be worth shit lol

Fat Boss

Established Member
I’m over 20 years from there. ( barely )

And I’m like… ****.. what will this world even be like in 20 years and will our money even be worth shit lol

I don't think there's any scenario where having money will be the same as not having money. I know too many guys who literally save nothing and spend every dollar they make, mostly on driving a nice new truck every few years. Since they never bothered to buy a home, they are saddled with ever increasing rent payments as well.

My motto has always been, "live for today but plan for tomorrow." I could buy a brand new Raptor R today, but I just hit 25 years of ownership on my 99 Powerstroke. I guess it's nostalgia that keeps me behind the wheel of it. I'm probably going to sell the Mach-E and DD the old girl again.

IMO a $2k car payment is fine if your salary is north of $300k. At that level you should be investing at least $5k/month, every month. Under no circumstances should anyone older than 30 be paying more on a vehicle than they save/invest each month.

It's funny, there comes a point where your investments start rockin' and rollin' and money seems to suddenly not matter anymore. It's a great stress reliever.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Things are starting to get strange again. Ford has almost no F-150 inventory, local RAM dealer has the most half ton inventory I have ever seen on his lot and overflow lot. Crazy times.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I don't think there's any scenario where having money will be the same as not having money. I know too many guys who literally save nothing and spend every dollar they make, mostly on driving a nice new truck every few years. Since they never bothered to buy a home, they are saddled with ever increasing rent payments as well.

My motto has always been, "live for today but plan for tomorrow." I could buy a brand new Raptor R today, but I just hit 25 years of ownership on my 99 Powerstroke. I guess it's nostalgia that keeps me behind the wheel of it. I'm probably going to sell the Mach-E and DD the old girl again.

IMO a $2k car payment is fine if your salary is north of $300k. At that level you should be investing at least $5k/month, every month. Under no circumstances should anyone older than 30 be paying more on a vehicle than they save/invest each month.

It's funny, there comes a point where your investments start rockin' and rollin' and money seems to suddenly not matter anymore. It's a great stress reliever.

This is what I don’t get. Not as many people make that kind of money that have these trucks.

I did oil field forever .. 120k is normal..

But 120k a year .. there’s no damn way you “ should “ be spending $120k on a truck. But they do it all day every day.

kaz109

Established Member
It case any of you SVT guys want a time capsule…..
40E51C4B-479F-4519-9894-9465E14C6FBB.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Things are starting to get strange again. Ford has almost no F-150 inventory, local RAM dealer has the most half ton inventory I have ever seen on his lot and overflow lot. Crazy times.

Ok to ship on 24s is supposedly March 1st.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
When you go out to eat what do you order to eat first an appetizer, fillet or possibly the red snapper, no.

Have dessert first life is uncertain.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Great deals on 2023 RAM trucks, but almost gone. Interesting that 2025 RAMS showing on cars.com. In fact, 2023-wise, showing RAM 88 and Ford 856. 2024-wise RAM 927 Ford 335. Within 100 miles of me.

I'm not sure I understand the strange skew there. Maybe how the strike affected both manufacturers??? @13COBRA ??????

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

Has anyone else here been following any of this? This unsettling to say the least. I don’t get why Ford wouldn’t be responsible for telling owners which dealerships were responsible for the incorrect fixes. I’d sure like to know if I had a repair performed somewhere that was caught not correctly performing work.

I had the bags done in my Shelby about 3-4 years ago. This article actually pisses me off a little bit.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great deals on 2023 RAM trucks, but almost gone. Interesting that 2025 RAMS showing on cars.com. In fact, 2023-wise, showing RAM 88 and Ford 856. 2024-wise RAM 927 Ford 335. Within 100 miles of me.

I'm not sure I understand the strange skew there. Maybe how the strike affected both manufacturers??? @13COBRA ??????

Ford will start shipping 2024s on March 1st. The 335 you are seeing, are in transit/at the shipping lot.

Has anyone else here been following any of this? This unsettling to say the least. I don’t get why Ford wouldn’t be responsible for telling owners which dealerships were responsible for the incorrect fixes. I’d sure like to know if I had a repair performed somewhere that was caught not correctly performing work.

I had the bags done in my Shelby about 3-4 years ago. This article actually pisses me off a little bit.

Not as big of an issue as you'd think. 99,999 out of 100,000 were done correctly. Yes, if yours wasn't, that's obviously a big deal.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford will start shipping 2024s on March 1st. The 335 you are seeing, are in transit/at the shipping lot.

Not as big of an issue as you'd think. 99,999 out of 100,000 were done correctly. Yes, if yours wasn't, that's obviously a big deal.

I was seeing a 1.5% rate mentioned in the article. Extrapolated over 100,000 vehicles is quite a few. 1500 airbags ready to eat someones face off.

Being at least five years into a re-recall and this is the first I’ve heard of it just seems strange. Almost as if it’s being kept secret.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was seeing a 1.5% rate mentioned in the article. Extrapolated over 100,000 vehicles is quite a few. 1500 airbags ready to eat someones face off.

Being at least five years into a re-recall and this is the first I’ve heard of it just seems strange. Almost as if it’s being kept secret.

Nah. The thing is, Ford shows that the recall/fix was made on XX/XX/XXXX. Then, either through explosion or another repair needed by the airbag, it's discovered that something wasn't laid correctly.

I'll buy your car if you'd like to save you from wondering if it's ok or not! :)

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Nah. The thing is, Ford shows that the recall/fix was made on XX/XX/XXXX. Then, either through explosion or another repair needed by the airbag, it's discovered that something wasn't laid correctly.

I'll buy your car if you'd like to save you from wondering if it's ok or not! :)

Deal

I’m about 400,000 short for the GT I need to replace it with. As a member in good standing, I’m sure you’re able to meet my asking price of $460,000. I look forward to future business dealings with you!

Edit: ironically, as the 05/06 GT is on the takata list, I’ll be bringing the new car to your dealership for a re-check haha

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Deal

I’m about 400,000 short for the GT I need to replace it with. As a member in good standing, I’m sure you’re able to meet my asking price of $460,000. I look forward to future business dealings with you!

Does it come with driving gloves made from the softest Egyptian leather?

Users who are viewing this thread