Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's the average term length you're seeing at your store today compared to 2018?

Between 66-72 months. We see a ton of 60 month loans still, but there are a lot of 72 month terms as well.

I don't think that has changed much. Maybe on average a couple of months longer?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
The loss amount shouldn't be surprising given the amount of capital investment they are making....
Well maybe it is a little surprising to some of the manufacturers given they are pausing/scrapping some plans.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Viral Turd signing his 94 month $1800/month payment for his new F150...

dumb-stupid.gif

POV: SSSSSSSSSSVT checking his credit score:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The loss amount shouldn't be surprising given the amount of capital investment they are making....

Which wouldn't be happening without the Green Retard mandates. The back pedaling has already started in the EU, hence all the just stop oil protests to keep the Green Retard Suicide Pact going. They can see the wall onrushing, and it ain't pretty.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Which wouldn't be happening without the Green Retard mandates. The back pedaling has already started in the EU, hence all the just stop oil protests to keep the Green Retard Suicide Pact going. They can see the wall onrushing, and it ain't pretty.
LMFAO

"Green Retard Suicide Pact".
LOVE IT!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:(y)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Picked up the wife's new Lincoln Nautilus with the 2.7 eco. Like it.

They're ok. I don't think the Nautilus features anything above and beyond the Edge that would warrant the $7k price difference though. What made you choose that?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
They're ok. I don't think the Nautilus features anything above and beyond the Edge that would warrant the $7k price difference though. What made you choose that?

Wife liked her 2019. I got a sweet deal on it, but only 2.0 eco were left at the point we were ready to buy. Looked at edge, but wife didn't like the rapid red on the ST, she really likes the burgandy velvet on the Nautilus . Almost waited too long to buy again as this was the last red with 2.7 eco near us. The 24's lose the 2.7 eco and go 2.0 eco/hybrid, no interest. It didn't hurt that Lincoln dropped $2,000 more in customer cash on us between the time we said we would take it and the time it got delivered to the dealer.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bet that number is also on a 35-40k loan lol

Actually, $53,850.

Ford Credit is a captive lender. All of their loans are done through Ford dealers, of those loans, 90% of them are on new cars. Of those loans, 90% our subvened interest rates, low APR. So like 0%, 1.9%, 2.9%, 3.9% and 4.9%.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Actually, $53,850.

Ford Credit is a captive lender. All of their loans are done through Ford dealers, of those loans, 90% of them are on new cars. Of those loans, 90% our subvened interest rates, low APR. So like 0%, 1.9%, 2.9%, 3.9% and 4.9%.
I dont think its bad then for the amount of loan financed.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I dont think its bad then for the amount of loan financed.

No, it's not.

Real reason it's higher than ever before, is prices are higher than ever before...and they don't have a $13-22k vehicle added into the average any more (Fiesta, Focus, EcoSport, Fusion).

Cheapest thing, besides Maverick that are unobtanium, that Ford sells is $31k.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
No, it's not.

Real reason it's higher than ever before, is prices are higher than ever before...and they don't have a $13-22k vehicle added into the average any more (Fiesta, Focus, EcoSport, Fusion).

Cheapest thing, besides Maverick that are unobtanium, that Ford sells is $31k.

Does Ford have any reason to build an affordable vehicle for Americans?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Yes. To achieve total sales volume leadership

Do you see that as a potential vulnerability to the domestics relative to the Asian OEM's, who are still producing "cheap" vehicles and actually make money on them? Get you in the seat of a modest vehicle when you are just starting out in life, and keep you trading up as your financial situation improves. Create a customer for life. Organically building sales is much easier and cheaper than trying to lure via a conquest.

If just seems like they might be putting too many of their eggs in one basic with a high price point. I know some analysts have specifically called that out as a long term risk, especially if there are economic downturns.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you see that as a potential vulnerability to the domestics relative to the Asian OEM's, who are still producing "cheap" vehicles and actually make money on them? Get you in the seat of a modest vehicle when you are just starting out in life, and keep you trading up as your financial situation improves. Create a customer for life. Organically building sales is much easier and cheaper than trying to lure via a conquest.

If just seems like they might be putting too many of their eggs in one basic with a high price point. I know some analysts have specifically called that out as a long term risk, especially if there are economic downturns.

You don't make money as a manufacturer on a $20k new vehicle, period.

But it provides an entry level vehicle that you can help a young person get into and hope they stay brand loyal. Without that, they're hoping we get a chance on the 2nd purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread