Current New Vehicle Market

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
A new study from iSeeCars reveals just how far the used car market has shifted in recent years. The most striking finding from the report is that in 2019, a $23,000 budget would easily get you a three-year-old used car. Today, you'd need closer to $24,000 to afford the average six-year-old car on the market.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Dark Horses available around here with ADM of $5,000 to $20,000. Tough time of year for ADM's here, most guys will just wait until next spring and/or order 2025's latest flavor of the year.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Look at this Buffoonery. They just putting any number they want up, doesn’t even need to add up anymore.

View attachment 1810670
One side of me says "if idiots wouldn't pay it, they wouldn't charge it."

The other side says:
"I put it on the lot for market price, if somebody didn't buy it for that I was taking a huge loss, so I bought it at a discount. It's a win win." ~Dealership owner to his wife

Confirm with @13COBRA

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
AA1hupSn.img

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Cheapest new car within 100 miles of me. So, with nothing down and 72 months, roughly $350 a month TTL included.

1696259035234.png

Cheapest new truck within 100 miles of me. So, with nothing down and 72 months, roughly $630 a month TTL included.

Pretty easy to see the impact of the old big 3 trying to pay for EV's. Us pickup buyers are taking it up the ass.

1696259326077.png

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Pretty easy to see the impact of the old big 3 trying to pay for EV's. Us pickup buyers are taking it up the ass.

Or maybe this has to do with the chip shortage, lack of supply, and the fact that the big 3 shifted their mix to the more expensive trim levels as they didn't want to waste chips on less profitable vehicles....

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Or maybe this has to do with the chip shortage, lack of supply, and the fact that the big 3 shifted their mix to the more expensive trim levels as they didn't want to waste chips on less profitable vehicles....

None of those listed items helped keep prices low, but they wouldn't be investing billions in new assembly and battery plants and everything software to literally reinvent themselves, if not for the Green Insanity mandates.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
None of those listed items helped keep prices low, but they wouldn't be investing billions in new assembly and battery plants and everything software to literally reinvent themselves, if not for the Green Insanity mandates.
The investment would have happened regardless of the regulations in the USA.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The investment would have happened regardless of the regulations in the USA.

False. The normal product cycle would have occurred and EV's would have competed on the market demand for the product. It isn't even clear that EV's could achieve 15% market share without being mandated or subsidized. For damn sure automakers wouldn't be going through the insane gyrations they are right now. Almost all automakers have stopped all investment in ICE engine development. Toyota with hydrogen and Porsche with synthetic fuel are some few left.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
False. The normal product cycle would have occurred and EV's would have competed on the market demand for the product. It isn't even clear that EV's could achieve 15% market share without being mandated or subsidized. For damn sure automakers wouldn't be going through the insane gyrations they are right now. Almost all automakers have stopped all investment in ICE engine development. Toyota with hydrogen and Porsche with synthetic fuel are some few left.
Again, the investment would have happened regardless. Do you think these companies only compete in the American market? They have to comply with the regulations in other markets as well....

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Again, the investment would have happened regardless. Do you think these companies only compete in the American market? They have to comply with the regulations in other markets as well....
Very true, though maybe they would have cut the investment in half so they only lost $4.5 billion. LMFAO.

Users who are viewing this thread