Current New Vehicle Market

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Glad to say, extremely rare getting that issue on mine. Heard they wont start sending fixes till September.

I noticed when it does happen on mine, its usually when I have a passenger. The camera connector is on the passenger footwell on the left side. Honda's I believe were also recalled for the same camera.

Wonder if the re-designed 2024 Explorer's will be arriving with the 360 camera as well

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure if posted already, but I read that Ford was going to take 10K off the Ford Lightning price.
I'm guessing because sales suck? Just a guess. Either that, or no one is really buying new vehicles these days. Maybe both?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Not sure if posted already, but I read that Ford was going to take 10K off the Ford Lightning price.
I'm guessing because sales suck? Just a guess. Either that, or no one is really buying new vehicles these days. Maybe both?

The viral lot fire did not help.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I keep posting in here even though my topics and info are not necessarily for new cars only. Ban me!!! LOL

I am completely confused by the overall market. I have been looking for a Mach 1 for over a year and the only reason I don't have one is that I refuse to pay the prices people are asking for them. Dealers are selling them for less than MSRP yet Ford has them priced so high in the first place that a few thousand under MSRP is still a shit ton for a Mustang. A grabber blue 2022 with handling pack SOLD for an even $50k on BAT yesterday. It had 4k miles on it. Then I go on Autotrader and M1's with 10k-15k miles that are base models are for sale for $60k. Hell, our local Ford dealer has a used 2019 GT premium PP1 for sale for $44k. After taxes you're damn near the price of the GB M1 that just sold on BAT! WTF!?!?!?! There seems to be price compression and dealers/sellers don't seem to want to move from Covid pricing on Mustangs, so I'm on the sidelines. If a 2021 M1 with the options I want went for $60k two years ago, why are prices still at $55k+ for these cars? It is a 2 year old car with mileage on it and you're selling it for less than 10% off of MSRP when it was new?

I'm just in the mood to bitch and moan today. LOL

BAT ads additional 6% on the sale price, a dealer will likely come down on the list price.

BAT is a terrible measure of any market.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Right, and it isn't just with Mustangs. A one year old Honda Accord with 10k miles will have a selling price that is almost the same as the identical brand new Accord. Its lunacy! LOL

FYI, here is the link to the ended auction on BAT for the GB HP M1 in case anyone is interested. The seller said the $50k price was just a touch more than what a dealer offered him.

M1 on BAT
I am also M1 shopping. Dealer prices for the same exact car with 1k-2k more or less miles are anywhere from 3k to 8k different in price. ALL of the used models that I have looked at are overpriced and dealers wont budge.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

2003 terminator

Established Member

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I am also M1 shopping. Dealer prices for the same exact car with 1k-2k more or less miles are anywhere from 3k to 8k different in price. ALL of the used models that I have looked at are overpriced and dealers wont budge.
Interesting. I have a ‘23 HP Mach which is rare for ‘23MY. Just at 5k miles and originall wheels /tires have never been driove on.
What’s fair market value for a ‘23 Mach 1 is my question?
I’ll be selling or trading in when my Hellcat is built next month.
-J

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
21 Mach 1 near me...f that price lol

Exactly...where is the cocaine they are huffing? That's some good shit!
Interesting. I have a ‘23 HP Mach which is rare for ‘23MY. Just at 5k miles and originall wheels /tires have never been driove on.
-J
Based on what I have seen from shopping for over a year, anywhere from $1 to eleventy billion dollars. LOL

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
-J
Great question.
There is at least one brand new, fully loaded '23 HP for around 3k under MSRP out there. I guess your value would depend on options.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Rare color and options so it might hold its value. I guess its up to the dealer/buyer.

Auto car. This car needs a manual I wouldn’t have personally even considered an auto.
Supposedly I received a build date for the Hellcat so I’ll be making a decision soon to sell or trade. Tax differential here makes it closer in my experience.
I won’t take less than $60k for my 5000mi Mach 1. They’re not making them anymore and I’m sure many people feel like I do and would rather have this car than a S650.
-J

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Auto car. This car needs a manual I wouldn’t have personally even considered an auto.
Supposedly I received a build date for the Hellcat so I’ll be making a decision soon to sell or trade. Tax differential here makes it closer in my experience.
I won’t take less than $60k for my 5000mi Mach 1. They’re not making them anymore and I’m sure many people feel like I do and would rather have this car than a S650.
-J
Don’t blame you for wanting at least 60k.
I bet dealers offer you 5-8k under that.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
-J
When I search Autotrader I always get discouraged when I put in my search options: less than 15k miles, leather seats (elite package or Recaros but prefer Recaros) and then I select manual trans...the list shrinks dramatically. Why did they do this car in an auto??!??!?!?!?!?

Personally, what is so attractive to me is that it is the only Mustang that pairs the 5.0 Coyote with the Tremec 6 speed. I have owned a GT350 and LOVE the Tremec, and I have owned a Coyote. I want the two together!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread