Current New Vehicle Market

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
To be honest, I wish the used car market bubble would burst quicker than it is. With the new car market being nonexistent due to lack of inventory, I wish the rising interest rates and inflation would crater the used market and eliminate the majority of buyers in an instant. No offense to Nick and other dealers that are good to their customers, but it would be sweet if all the ADM, get rich quick dealers had to eat all their overpriced used inventory because demand flatlined. I hope for karma since dealers are making record profits right now. I have no idea who is buying cars right now but they must be on heavy drugs.

References regarding dealers' record profits:
The Detroit Bureau
and
Motor1.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To be honest, I wish the used car market bubble would burst quicker than it is. With the new car market being nonexistent due to lack of inventory, I wish the rising interest rates and inflation would crater the used market and eliminate the majority of buyers in an instant. No offense to Nick and other dealers that are good to their customers, but it would be sweet if all the ADM, get rich quick dealers had to eat all their overpriced used inventory because demand flatlined. I hope for karma since dealers are making record profits right now. I have no idea who is buying cars right now but they must be on heavy drugs.

The Detroit Bureau
and
Motor1.com

Profits are really up in sales. They're up in service though, and will continue to increase as the average age of a vehicle on the road increases.

Interesting article.

GM to penalize consumers who resell certain high-demand vehicles within 12 months​

GM is asking dealers to help prevent customers from quickly flipping high-demand vehicles and adding exorbitant markups.​

August 01, 2022 04:34 PM UPDATED 17 HOURS AGO
HANNAH LUTZ

Corvette

DETROIT — General Motors is asking dealers to help prevent customers from quickly flipping high-demand vehicles and adding exorbitant markups.
The automaker is barring customers who resell certain high-demand vehicles within 12 months from placing future reservations and orders. GM also is limiting the transfer of certain warranties.
Steve Carlisle, president of GM North America, outlined the change in a letter sent to dealers Friday. For now, GM considers the 2023 Cadillac Escalade-V, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and GMC Hummer EV pickup and SUV "high demand" models that the requirement would affect.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Profits are really up in sales. They're up in service though, and will continue to increase as the average age of a vehicle on the road increases.

Interesting article.

GM to penalize consumers who resell certain high-demand vehicles within 12 months​

GM is asking dealers to help prevent customers from quickly flipping high-demand vehicles and adding exorbitant markups.​

August 01, 2022 04:34 PM UPDATED 17 HOURS AGO
HANNAH LUTZ

Corvette

DETROIT — General Motors is asking dealers to help prevent customers from quickly flipping high-demand vehicles and adding exorbitant markups.
The automaker is barring customers who resell certain high-demand vehicles within 12 months from placing future reservations and orders. GM also is limiting the transfer of certain warranties.
Steve Carlisle, president of GM North America, outlined the change in a letter sent to dealers Friday. For now, GM considers the 2023 Cadillac Escalade-V, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and GMC Hummer EV pickup and SUV "high demand" models that the requirement would affect.
Curious how they would know what I did with my property?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Screenshot_20220802-125927_AutoNews.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-125939_AutoNews.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-125914_AutoNews.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-125819_AutoNews.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-125754_AutoNews.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-125746_AutoNews.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lmao. Taxpayers also bailed out those pos. Loyalty to a brand… lmao.

I get you are somewhat stuck in the middle of these decisions which sucks.

I think it's wrong that an OEM should dictate price. Let the guys doing it wrong, weed themselves out...leave the rest of us to take care of our customers.

T56LS102

Established Member
IMO this wont happen until new car production increases, I don't believe we will ever see the production #s pre covid... OEM's are making fewer cars at the same time making more $$...they are going to ride out this "chip shortage" until the wheel fall off.

The Detroit Bureau
and
Motor1.com

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
IMO this wont happen until new car production increases, I don't believe we will ever see the production #s pre covid... OEM's are making fewer cars at the same time making more $$...they are going to ride out this "chip shortage" until the wheel fall off.

EV's take twice as many chips as ICE, and they are all trying to ramp EV production as fast as possible. So, the wheels will probably take a good long time to fall off, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread