Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’m seeing more and more explorer ST out and about with paper tags.

They giving big discounts on them?

We're selling them at invoice.

Read this thread as to why prospects for auto sales are even grimmer than many realize. I think the technical term is "shit is about to get ****ed."

Eh. Not much has changed. The lenders look at the debt to income ratio and payment to income ratio. If you can afford 6 cars, you'll get 6 loans. If you can only afford 1, they won't let you sign for a second auto.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Isn't the point that it is not uncommon to have 2 loans on a single car?

... that's not what it's saying.

If you come to me, making $4500/month, have a $1800 mortgage, and a car payment of $900.... you can't keep that car and buy a 2nd.

If you made $15,500/month, you would definitely qualify to buy a second vehicle.

What that guy is saying is it's his opinion (or his gm's) that their lenders are allowing customers who don't qualify for a second open auto (an additional loan, and an additional car) to have a second open auto.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For the record his opinion is quite the opposite of mine and what I've been seeing from the lenders we use.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I'm not sure about you all but I have lenders looking very closely at dti. Heck I have 800's getting turned down sometimes with the banks asking for more money down / less vehicle it's crazy.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Read this thread as to why prospects for auto sales are even grimmer than many realize. I think the technical term is "shit is about to get ****ed."

That $700 a month payment is doable when inflation is low and student loans are on hold. If student loan payments resume next year, things will go south really quick.

q6543

Established Member
Wait... student loans STILL haven't resumed??

No wonder labor is tight.... get them damn kids back into poverty working class

sleek98

Established Member

Nope its ****ing bullshit too. It will have been 3 years of no payments. People got used to using every dime they were paying on student loans and now will cry that their new car is getting repod when they paid 7,500 over msrp on a dam kia.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I'm ordering my son a 2 door bronco and I can't believe what the interest rates are at.... I've never seen 5% plus!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not sure about you all but I have lenders looking very closely at dti. Heck I have 800's getting turned down sometimes with the banks asking for more money down / less vehicle it's crazy.

Really? I haven't seen an 800 get turned down, ever. Sounds like the wrong lender for the deal.

I'm ordering my son a 2 door bronco and I can't believe what the interest rates are at.... I've never seen 5% plus!!

Haha yeah, that's kinda where they're going to live. I know that here they're advertising 2.9%.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Chase picked up my TRX loan… a week or so after i was home with it, i got a letter from TDA saying i was declined an auto loan. Credit was 850+

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

0 interest 0 payments just got extended until 60 days after USSC makes a ruling on "debt relief." If no ruling made by 30JUN2023, payments resume 60 days after that

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
When I was looking for a Lariat trim truck, there was 1 within 100 miles on the ground and actually for sale. Checked this morning and plenty to choose from on the ground and on the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread