csvt coolant system isnt flowing

crewchiefpro

Established Member
We have a 2.5 SVT engine in Illinois that runs fine, my son and I both have Turbo 3.0 engines so I replaced his 2.5 last year.

$200 and you pick it up.

acer5

Established Member
I don't think my car needs a new engine its just that its getting hot air from somewhere into the coolant system then the build up in pressure causes the temp gauge to go up. But where could air be getting in!!!??? I think it might be the intake manifold gaskets?

crewchiefpro

Established Member
Lets go over some basics. Air getting into your cooling system can ONLY come from one source, and that has to be under pressure. Head gaskets can cause air to pump into the fluid which will cause hot spots and then cause more problems. It cannot be pumped into the cooling system from an intake manifold leak on these engines. The intake manifold does not touch the cooling system. Intake leaks cause lean codes and high idle speeds, not cooling system problems.

CSVT5416

Established Member
I'd just rip the 2.5 out then go get a 04 sable motor and do a swap. And stop wasting your time with a low HP engine. Says SVT Jared. Give him a call at 8016789472. 9-6 west coast time.

Users who are viewing this thread