csvt coolant system isnt flowing

acer5

Established Member
Alright so i replaced my waterpump and afterward my car began to overheat and there was boiling in the tank so i figured its probably my thermostat so i put a new one in and it still did the same thing so i ran it with out a thermostat and it still does the same thing so i took it to a mechanic and they said its not flowing and told me they think its my radiator cuz once the cooling fans come on they only blow cold air so i replaced the radiator and it still did the same thing!!!!! Wat can it be!!:shrug:

67Stang/00CSVT

Established Member
check the water pump again. if the impeller is plastic, black in color, it WILL break. white plastic is ok. may also be some sort of sensor?

acer5

Established Member
Yeah it was a white plastic impeller and it was perfectly intact but i still had a new one with a metal impeller and put it on. If it is a sensor which ones and where are they located

crewchiefpro

Established Member
A blown head gasket will cause the same symtoms. Pretty rare in a CSVT though. Seems like it has air stuck in the system.

Try turning the heat all the way on and get the front end up on jacks securly. Run the engine with the radiator cap off for no more than 20 minutes. It will eventually get rid of any air in the system or show a head gasket leaking. Make sure the water pump belt is moving.

I don't think it is a coolant sensor.

acer5

Established Member
well i flushed the heater core and its not clogged at all and theres no leaking in the dash so i dont think it could be that my only conclusion left is that the coolant is getting clogged somewhere in the block but how would i go about fixing that

CSVT5416

Established Member
I'd run some UV liquid and wear the glasses that come with it. And see where your leaking at. You get it at any major auto parts store. I don't know how to go about flushing the block.

acer5

Established Member
i went and talked to 3 mechanics yesterday and explained everything and they all said it sounds like air in the system or a head gasket issue.... how would i bleed it because running it with the radiator cap off doesnt do anything so idk what to do???

CSVT5416

Established Member
If there is water in the oil. Chances are your head gasket is blown. When the oil heats up..the water will evaporate causing air to build up. So look for water in the oil

crewchiefpro

Established Member
Blown head gasket will push coolant out of the overflow, pretty rare on these engines. Do the hoses get hotter depending on which one you grab?

Just doesn't make any sense, it is a pretty simple system. If the water pump is moving, and you have the correct amount of antifreeze then it will circulate. A blown headgasket bad enough to stop coolant will cause the engine to run like crap.

acer5

Established Member
I have checked for water in my oil and there are no signs of it however that is exactly what the car is doing its evaporating the water and building up pressure which isnt letting it flow... the upper radiator hose gets extremely hot and hard (full of pressure)... im thinking it might be the head gasket now.. how much will it cost to repair that?

CSVT5416

Established Member
The local shop cut me a deal at 800 for both heads pressure checked and shaven. Also labor taking off and putting heads back on. Ford was gonna charge me over 2 grand

crewchiefpro

Established Member
It is far easier to remove the engine and trans together before doing a head gasket. It will take 5 hours to remove and reinstall the exhaust manifolds if you leave it in the car.

I still have a tough time believing head gasket on these cars. If it is then it may make more sense to replace the engine with a junkyard 2.5 or do a 3.0 if you are inclined.

CSVT5416

Established Member
FYI. SVT Jared's silverfrost car just caught on fire a few days ago due to the wiring harness. So I'd make sure you get a 99+ motor or at least harness if you decide to do a swap. 98s are known to have wiring harness issues

acer5

Established Member
dang lol im only 17 so thats a bit pricey for me... ive seen someone have the same issue as my car and they put blue devil head gasket repair in it and said it did the job.. should i try that?

CSVT5416

Established Member
I'd hate for that motor to get hot again and suck in that goop. Then your really up the creek. But you gotta do what ya gotta do

Users who are viewing this thread