cryogenic treatment process?

jhonda

Established Member
I have access to liquid nitrogen and dry ice for tempering and was wondering if anyone has a how to video or imfo on how to treat new brake rotors. I just bought new rotors for my lightning and was thinking about doing it...anyone?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
What purpose does this serve?

It makes the metal several times stronger. When treated in severe cold the bonds begin to slow down. At -373 degrees the bonds stop completely. Once heated back up the bonds begin to move again but they are more tightly wound together and less likely of breaking to form new bonds. It makes it infinitely times stronger.

TERMN8U

Established Member
I own a heat treating company and Cryo rotors all the time. Cryo makes everything better. Pantyhose are less likely to get runs in them, radio tubes sound clearer, brakes last longer and resist warping better, stamping dies wear longer after being Cryoed. The hardest part of selling the process is getting people to try it, because you cant see a difference untill you mearure performance or wear.

jhonda

Established Member
I own a heat treating company and Cryo rotors all the time. Cryo makes everything better. Pantyhose are less likely to get runs in them, radio tubes sound clearer, brakes last longer and resist warping better, stamping dies wear longer after being Cryoed. The hardest part of selling the process is getting people to try it, because you cant see a difference untill you mearure performance or wear.
Can you email me or tell me the process of treatment

Users who are viewing this thread